SALARY: $45,104.00.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 1/20/2021
CLOSING DATE: 2/3/2021 11:59 PM
UNIT: AFSCME - Grade Level 8
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: Graphic Design Administrator
Under the leadership and direction of the Graphic Design Administrator, the Graphic Designer will be responsible for completing various design projects that include, but are not limited to flyers, annual reports, posters, banners, and digital marketing materials.
1. Completes a high volume of design assignments for various documents, charts, and posters with speed and accuracy.
2. Using computer design software, creates artwork, prepares layout and executes all pre-press production activities for ads, publications, posters, etc.
3. Develops e-mail headers and social campaign creative.
4. Edits and proofreads assigned materials.
5. Develops and maintains strong working knowledge of departmental technology and specialized applications software.
6. Maintains a complex system for archiving completed projects, allowing ready retrieval for use in future projects.
7. Maintains departmental supplies inventory and initiates replacement orders.
8. Maintains a cooperative working relationship with employees at all levels of the institution, as well as students.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two years of experience working as a graphic designer, marketing assistant, or related position.
• Demonstrated experience using computer graphics software, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator (Adobe Creative Suite).
• Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff, as well as outside vendors.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Associate Degree.
• Experience working in an educational environment.
All candidates should submit an electronic portfolio demonstrating their skill set and level of expertise .
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
RETIREMENT PLAN: Pension Eligible
Any Middlesex College employee hired after September 1, 2011 will have to meet the New Jersey residency law requirement.