Exec Director, Workforce Dev & Lifelong Lrng
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
OPENING DATE: 1/20/2021
CLOSING DATE: 2/10/2021 11:59 PM
DEPARTMENT: Continuing Education
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Institutional Advancement
1. Provides leadership and oversight of Middlesex College’s Continuing Education division, and ensures the College is well-positioned to respond to the workforce training needs of Middlesex County and the State of New Jersey.
2. Engages extensively with external businesses, industries, workforce and economic development organizations, chambers of commerce, and other community partners to better understand their existing and emerging workforce training needs, and promotes the role of Middlesex College in meeting those challenges.
3. Supervises the following departments and functions within the division: lifelong learning, career training center, summer youth programs, the Child Care Center and kindergarten, corporate education and training, operations and systems management, and apprenticeship activities.
4. Responsible for meeting enrollment expectations and maintaining a cost-effective, revenue-generating continuing education operation.
5. Ensures efficiency in processes including the implementation of technology where appropriate.
6. Serves as the College’s workforce development and lifelong learning representative at statewide initiatives and meetings. Collaborates with other colleges and universities in consortium activities.
7. Partners with the College’s division of Academic Affairs to ensure that non-credit offerings are aligned with credit offerings, creating stronger pathways from non-credit to credit programming.
8. Utilizes research and data to guide decision making pertaining to new programming.
9. Evaluates and assesses current non-credit offerings for effectiveness, and makes recommendations related to program revisions and discontinuations.
10. Develops, directs, and manages operational and capital budgets, including revenue-generating accounts and grant accounts.
11. Develops pricing strategies and fee schedules for course and program offerings based on respective market values.
12. Actively seeks alternative funding sources in conjunction with the Grants department, the Middlesex College Foundation, Academic Affairs, and other college departments.
13. Coordinates and develops a marketing strategy for promoting workforce development and lifelong learning programs in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications department.
14. Develops long-term plans for the division, in alignment with the College’s strategic planning activities.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Five years of administrative and supervisory experience in workforce development, lifelong learning, or a closely-related field.
• Three years of experience developing certification and training programs aligned to industry needs.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications.
• Master’s degree in workforce development, lifelong learning, adult education, or a related field.
• Previous experience working in higher education.
• Prior experience developing and implementing marketing and outreach strategies.
• Experience in grant writing, seeking external funding, and managing grant-funded programs.
• Knowledge of local, county, and State government.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Ability to present comfortably and confidently to small and large groups.
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Evenings and weekends as needed.
RETIREMENT: Pension Eligible