Assistant Web Developer
SALARY: $63,891.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 1/20/2021
CLOSING DATE: 2/3/2021 11:59 PM
UNIT: Administrative – Grade Level 4
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
REPORTS TO: Web Developer
The Assistant Web Developer supports the development and management of Middlesex College’s website, intranet, and mobile application. This includes, but is not limited to, front-end and back-end development such as creating WordPress themes and plugins, web design, content strategy, and assisting in the implementation of digital marketing campaigns.
1. Assists in the design and implementation of new features and functionality for the College’s website, mobile application, and intranet site.
2. Aids with the information architecture for each site or content management system (CMS).
3. Provides and reports on content measurement through a combination of Web analytic tools, marketing automation, and CMS.
4. Evaluates existing websites, creates plans for improvements, and implements changes in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications team, as well as the Information Technology department and other campus constituents when needed.
5. Oversees and conducts web content updates and quality assurance to ensure adherence to the College’s branding guidelines.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, software engineering, or related field.
• Two years of experience as a junior developer, web programmer, software analyst, or similar position.
• Strong knowledge of content management systems, including WordPress, SEO, Google Analytics, and Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
• Experience designing and developing accessible (WCAG 2.0) and responsive design websites.
• Familiarity working with debugging tools like Firebug and Chrome Inspector.
• Demonstrated ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers.
• Demonstrated ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages.
• Strong knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML).
• Experience with PHP back-end development.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to work with a diverse population.
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
RETIREMENT PLAN: Pension Eligible
Any Middlesex College employee hired after September 1, 2011 will have to meet the New Jersey residency law requirement.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison