CSF Props Artisan / Run Crew
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival encourages applicants for a Props Artisan/Run Crew. This position assists the Props Supervisor in building, modifying, procuring all props in the 2-show repertory season.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
For over 60 seasons, the Colorado Shakespeare Festival has delighted audiences with classic theatre under the stars.
CSF is a professional theatre company in association with the University of Colorado Boulder. Since 1958, the festival has celebrated and explored Shakespeare and his continuing influence and vitality through productions of superior artistic quality, education and community engagement.
CSF strives to preserve the classics of the past and pursue the classics of the future. Fueled by artistry and scholarship, the festival seeks to expand the cultural richness of the region by inspiring, challenging and cultivating the imagination of audiences and artists.
Plays are performed beneath summer night skies in the historic Mary Rippon Outdoor Theatre and in the newly renovated indoor University Theatre.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Standard props construction (crafts, carpentry, sewing, upholstery).
- Execute on-deck run crew duties during all performances.
- Participate in routine maintenance calls.
- Assist as needed across departmental lines as designated by the Production Manager.
- Attend all technical rehearsals.
What You Should Know
- Onsite work obligations begin Tuesday, May 24, 2021 and conclude Sunday, July 11, 2021. During the season, hours are variable and dependent upon the needs of the productions, but usually fall between 30 and 40 hours weekly with some opportunities for overtime.
What We Can Offer
- Salary $13.00-$15.00 per hour.
Temporary positions at the University of Colorado are not benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave.
Be Collaborative. Be Driven. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- At least 6 months of professional experience, and / or proven skill set in relevant trades and professions.
- Experience faux painting props, working with a wide variety of materials.
- Experience with arms and armor, including construction, repair, and proper maintenance.
- Relevant education may substitute for the required experience.
What You Will Need
- Dedication to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace environment.
- Strong collaboration, communication and technical skills, ability to maintain high quality / standards and safe and supportive work environment.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience in sculpting, casting, and advanced carpentry.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- A list of 3 professional references including contact information (upload to the Essay field).
Please apply by February 15, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Jonathan Dunkle
Posting Contact Email: j.dunkle@Colorado.EDU