CSF Props Supervisor
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival encourages applicants for a Props Supervisor . This position is responsible for all props, stage furnishings, and perishables in the 2-show repertory season.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
For over 60 seasons, the Colorado Shakespeare Festival has delighted audiences with classic theatre under the stars.
CSF is a professional theatre company in association with the University of Colorado Boulder. Since 1958, the festival has celebrated and explored Shakespeare and his continuing influence and vitality through productions of superior artistic quality, education and community engagement.
CSF strives to preserve the classics of the past and pursue the classics of the future. Fueled by artistry and scholarship, the festival seeks to expand the cultural richness of the region by inspiring and cultivating the imagination of audiences and artists.
Plays are performed beneath summer night skies in the historic Mary Rippon Outdoor Theatre and in the newly renovated indoor University Theatre.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Supervise small staff in the acquisition and / or construction of all properties.
- Instruct run crew in proper maintenance of props in performance and ensure quality of all props for the stage.
- Manage props budget and spending in coordination with the Production Manager.
- Participation in preseason production meetings as needed.
What You Should Know
- Onsite work obligations begin Tuesday, May 24, 2021 and conclude Sunday, July 11, 2021. Some pre-season work may be needed in the form of production meeting attendance, planning, and hiring input. During the season, hours are variable and dependent upon the needs of the productions, but usually fall between 30 and 40 hours weekly with some opportunities for overtime.
- This position will require a criminal and motor vehicle background check.
What We Can Offer
- Salary is $18.00 per hour.
Temporary positions at the University of Colorado are not benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave.
Be Collaborative. Be Inspired. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Valid driver’s license.
- At least 2 years of professional experience, and / or demonstrable skill set in relevant trades and professions, including:
- Standard props construction skills (crafts, carpentry, sewing, upholstery).
- Experience with faux painting props, working with wide variety of materials.
- Experience with sculpting and casting.
- Job appropriate education may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
What You Will Need
- Dedication to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace environment.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- A list of 3 professional references including contact information (upload to the Essay field).
Please apply by February 15, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Jonathan Dunkle
Posting Contact Email: j.dunkle@Colorado.EDU