CSF Wig, Hair, and Makeup Supervisor
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival encourages applicants for a Wig, Hair, and Makeup Supervisor. This position supervises and executes all wig, hair, and makeup elements for the 2-show repertory season.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
For over 60 seasons, the Colorado Shakespeare Festival has delighted audiences with classic theatre under the stars.
CSF is a professional theatre company in association with the University of Colorado Boulder. Since 1958, the festival has celebrated and explored Shakespeare and his continuing influence and vitality through productions of superior artistic quality, education and community engagement.
CSF strives to preserve the classics of the past and pursue the classics of the future. Fueled by artistry and scholarship, the festival seeks to expand the cultural richness of the region by inspiring and cultivating the imagination of audiences and artists.
Plays are performed beneath summer night skies in the historic Mary Rippon Outdoor Theatre and in the newly renovated indoor University Theatre.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Consult with the Costume Shop Manager and costume designers on feasibility of costume designs in relation to timeline, labor, and budget.
- Pull, purchase, alter, or manufacture all wigs, hair styles, and facial hair as designed.
- Maintain wig / hair stock.
- Perform regular hair styling and cuts for company members as needed for each production.
- Demonstrate and apply traditional and contemporary makeup techniques.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, supervising a small staff.
What You Should Know
- Onsite work obligations begin Tuesday, May 24, 2021 and conclude Sunday, July 11, 2021. Some pre-season work may be needed in the form of production meeting attendance, planning, and hiring input. During the season, hours are variable and dependent upon the needs of the productions, but usually fall between 30 and 40 hours weekly with some opportunities for overtime.
What We Can Offer
- Salary is $18.00 per hour.
Temporary positions at the University of Colorado are not benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave.
Be Authentic. Be Challenged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- At least 2 years of professional experience, and / or proven skill set in relevant trades and professions. Cosmetology professionals are invited to apply.
- Experience working with a diverse range of hair styles and skin tones required.
- Job appropriate education may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
What You Will Need
- Artistic sensibility and sensitivity.
- Strong collaboration, communication and technical skills and ability to maintain high quality / standards and safe and supportive work environment.
- Dedication to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace environment.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Teaching / mentoring experience
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- A list of 3 professional references including contact information (upload to the Essay field).
Please apply by February 15, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Jonathan Dunkle
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com