Digital Classroom Network Administrator (Time-Limited)
Digital Classroom Network Administrator (Time-Limited)
External Link to Posting
Location of Workplace
Main UNCW Campus
Consulting Services Support - 55230
Business Affairs - 35000 Division
Brief Summary of Work for this Position
The Time-Limited Digital Classroom Network Administrator provides technical support and consultation to ensure the effective use of technology resources in technology enhanced classrooms and technology enhanced initiatives across campus.
This position is responsible for supporting the technical operation, configuration, equipment installation, maintenance, and high-level trouble shooting of Tier 1, 2 and 3 technology enhanced classrooms and conference areas. Specific duties include:
- Providing technical support, client orientation, and resource
management of the Tier 1, 2 and 3 technology enhanced classrooms
- Supporting, maintaining and administering the enterprise-wide
video collaboration platform for academic course delivery, academic
support programs and administrative conferencing, as well as the
video content management platform for archiving and distribution of
- Supporting deployment of distributed IP based video endpoints
and AV over IP technology solutions for classes and
- Providing training, consultation and support for faculty, staff
and other end-users of technology enhanced classrooms and
conference areas and support services.
- Analyzing, pilot testing, and determining effective emerging
technologies in conjunction with faculty, staff and other IT
- Providing support for the design, implementation, and
integration of new Tier 1,2,and 3 classrooms/facilities
construction projects as required.
- Providing analysis of network and endpoint performance and
providing recommendations to enhance service for faculty, staff and
- Provide administration/management/configuration/support for
Media servers, Endpoints, MCU and network infrastructure, DSP and
Matrices, and Soft clients.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and implement technical
modifications to prevent down time and/or future problems in a calm
and efficient manner.
- Ensures all critical systems and applications managed by this
position receive security patches and vulnerability remediation in
a timely manner according to best practices and documented
standards and procedures.
- In consultation with management, ensure all critical systems
have security monitoring, logging, alerting, and scanning enabled
and maintained using the campus approved systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that security configuration documentation (e.g., baseline, backup, etc.) exists for all critical systems and that the documentation accurately reflects the current state
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Electronics, and at least 3 years of experience or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution or an Associate’s degree in Electronics or Networking Technology and at least 5 years of related experience: or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to solve complex network problems
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the use, principles,
theories and practices pertinent to supporting technology enhanced
classroom and video/media enhanced conference operations and
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and implement
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to resolve technical
issues in a calm and efficient manner
- Experience supporting deployment of distributed IP based video
endpoints and AV over IP technology solutions for technology
- Experience providing training, consultation and support for
faculty, staff and other end-users of networked services including
video/ media enhanced conference areas and distance education
- Experience conducting analysis of network and endpoint performance and providing recommendations to enhance service
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience
AVIXA CTS Certification preferred
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
The Department of Integrated Educational Technologies is part of the Information Technology Systems ( ITS ) unit of Business Affairs at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. The Department of Integrated Educational Technologies is responsible to ITS and the University for the campus wide classroom technology design, integration and support, including classroom operations, distance education services, and special events. Integrated Educational Technologies also assists in developing, designing and engineering long-range technology infrastructure plans for the University and ITS to support the campus community in its goals and objectives.
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to the integration of teaching, mentoring, research and service. Widely acknowledged for its world-class faculty and staff and continuously recognized at a national level for scholarly excellence and affordability, UNCW offers a powerful academic experience that stimulates creative inquiry and critical thinking and a community rich in diversity, inclusion and global perspectives.
A public institution with nearly 18,000 students, UNCW offers a full range of baccalaureate- and graduate-level programs, as well as doctoral degrees in educational leadership, marine biology, nursing practice and psychology; and many distance learning options, including clinical research, an accelerated RN-to- BSN program, an Executive M.B.A. program structured for working professionals, and the nation’s only bachelor’s degree program focused on coastal engineering.
The university’s efforts to advance research and scholarly activities have earned UNCW the elevated designation of “Doctoral Universities: High Research Activity” institution (R2 University) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
UNCW has been part of the University of North Carolina System since 1969.
At the University of North Carolina at Wilmington ( UNCW ), our culture reflects our values of inclusion, diversity, globalization, ethics and integrity and innovation and we are committed to providing equality of educational and employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, sex (such as gender, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and pregnancy), age, color, national origin (including ethnicity), religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, military service member status, genetic information, or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for State funded employee benefit programs. UNCW believes that embracing the unique contributions of our faculty, staff and students is critical to our success and paramount in being recognized for our global mindset.
Special Notes to Applicants
This position is time-limited with the possibility of continuation pending budget availability of funds and departmental need.
Months Per Year
Type of Position
Anticipated Ending Date if Time-Limited Positions
Job Posting Date
Posting Close Date
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity with UNC Wilmington
- UNCW Website
- UNCW Facebook Page
- UNCW Linkedin Page
- UNCW Twitter Account
- UNCW Employee Referral
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Inside Higher Ed
- North Carolina Job Network
- Women In Higher Education
- * Please describe your experience and knowledge of general
network and server administration.
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington