Job Description Summary
Responsibilities of the individual identified will include directing an extramurrally funded research program, team-teaching in the first year veterinary curriculum (endocrinology/physiology), and participating in graduate instruction. The successful candidate will be expected to develop a scholarly and externally funded research program in the area of his or her expertise, and to work collaboratively with other faculty to develop dynamic, self-sustaining programs at Auburn University.
Minimum qualifications include a PhD degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline at the time employment begins. The successful applicant must also possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work with others in a collegial atmosphere. The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment.
Teaching and Post-doctoral experience is strongly encouraged. Expertise in endocrinology and related fields that complement current research in the department is desired.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of applications will begin May 31, 2021 and continue until a candidate is recommended for hire.
Open Until Filled
References required for this position?
If yes, minimum number requested
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting (auemployment.com site)
- Academic Conference
- Agency Referral
- Internal Job Posting
- Personal Referral
- Veterans Assistance Services (Veteran Job Boards, Military Base Services, State Vet Rep, etc.)
- Disability Assistance Services (Disability Job Boards, ABLE Network, Voc-Rehab referral, etc.)
- * Please enter the specifics of the option you selected
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research and/or Goals
- Other Documentation
- Other Documentation (2)