Library Reserves Specialist
To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Library Reserves Specialist Department Steely Library Compensation Title Position Number 30001576 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
Sunday – Thursday; 2nd shift
Hours per Week 37.5 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
As a key member of the Access Services Department at the W. Frank Steely Library, the Reserves Specialist provides high quality customer service at the front-line Access Services desk primarily during night and weekend hours. During those times, the Reserves Specialist is responsible for ensuring student employees remain engaged in relevant work based on the direction of the Head of Access Services and the Customer Experience Specialist, who serves as the primary student supervisor. This position is responsible for building security during those shifts and will manage the library’s robust reserves collection, which includes print electronic materials, technology and artifacts. The Reserves Specialist will also develop workflow processes, communicate with faculty, and conduct data analysis and reporting. This position will process routine interlibrary loan requests, an essential resource delivery service that provides print and digital information to all students, faculty, and staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
– Serves as night and weekend supervisor providing high-quality customer service at the front-line Access Services desk by keeping up to date on library policies, procedures, services, collections, technologies, facilities, and initiatives. Oversees student employees during evening and weekend hours and is responsible for building security during those shifts.
- Responsible for maintaining the library’s reserve collection. This includes timely processing of items for reserves, including print, electronic, technology, and artifacts. Also includes checking copyright, overseeing inventory, and communicating with faculty placing on or removing items from reserve. Responsible for developing documentation used for training and responsible for problem solving with regards labels and corresponding catalog entries. Recommends improvements to workflow, promoting the service, space considerations, and collection assessment and reporting in alignment with trends and software developments. - Processes interlibrary loan requests using appropriate software; communicates with vendors, lending libraries, borrowing libraries, and customers in a timely and respectful manner via telephone, email, and in-person. - Performs other duties as assigned, including serving on library and university committees, groups, and teams, as appropriate. Qualifications
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, library science, or a related discipline
• 2 years of experience in customer service
Skills & Abilities:
• Understanding of copyright.
• Understanding of, and passion for, improving user experience in a busy service environment.
• Ability to do basic troubleshooting of ILL software and IT equipment, including network printers, photocopiers, scanners, etc.
• Ability to handle routine financial transactions.
• Ability to analyze problems, and make independent decisions in a dynamic, iterative environment.
• Demonstrated ability to create a work environment that promotes teamwork, diversity, equality, and inclusiveness.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree Preferred Education Bachelor's Degree Minimum Experience 2 years Salary $13.90/hr minimum Pay Grade S66
Requisition Number 2020S1285 Job Open Date 12/16/2020 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/9783 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NKU Jobs Site
- Inside Higher Ed
- Employee Referral
- * What is your highest level of education?
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or higher
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport