Associate Director for International Student and Scholar Services
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Associate Director of International Student and Scholar Services is responsible for leading the International Student and Scholarship unit in the Office of International Programs and Services at Millersville University. The AD reports to the Director and works in close collaboration with a team to support MU’s undergraduate, graduate, English Language Institute, and non-degree international students and the University’s J-1 scholars. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation and development of international student and scholar programming, short term programs, and immigration advising and compliance. Additionally, this position maintains export control compliance for the university and serves as a primary contact for crisis responses related to international students and scholars.
Annual salary is $54,768 plus comprehensive benefits including tuition waiver for self and dependents. The benefit summary can be found at https://www.passhe.edu/inside/HR/syshr/Benefit_Summaries/PEBTF_Summary.pdf
- Earned Master’s degree in international education, higher education administration, public administration or related field.
- At least 3+ years of professional work experience in international education.
- Experience as a Designated School Official ( DSO ) and Alternate Responsible Officer ( ARO )
- Excellent interpersonal communication, written communication, and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Experience in helping to plan and administer programs and events.
- Ability to work independently and contribute and collaborate effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to handle communications, information, and data with sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Successful interview
- Satisfactory background checks.
- Experience advising faculty, staff, and students on international education initiatives.
- Highly developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages; experience living and/or travelling abroad highly desirable.
Special Instructions to Applicants
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- International Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville