Director of Engaged Learning
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. The Director of Engaged Learning and Assessment provides leadership for the implementation of institution-wide initiatives related to teaching and learning, educational development, and assessment, and support for faculty in teaching and grant writing.
A champion of student-centered learning, the Director provides a supportive and collaborative environment to promote faculty teaching, research, and scholarship; and works with unit heads to develop a strong assessment process in support of the University's mission, vision, and strategic plan. The successful candidate will a record of accomplishment that demonstrates innovative and dynamic leadership in higher education and faculty development, a strong knowledge of accreditation and assessment, and experience in distance education. The University seeks a Director that has the vision, skills, and disposition to build a robust and effective Center for Engaged Learning and Assessment at Florida Memorial University.
- Design, develop, activate, and operate a center devoted to teaching and learning, including, but not limited to, distance education, at Florida Memorial University, and serve as the director of the center;
- Seek and secure funding to provide ongoing and sustainable support for the center;
- Oversee the daily operations, budget, staff, development, and programming associated with the center;
- Use evidence-informed decision-making to assess the range of programs that support the educational development of individual faculty and academic leaders across the academic lifespan and appointment types;
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and students to work toward goals that align with the mission, vision, and values of the institution;
- Collaborate with faculty and administrators on the development and delivery of innovative programs that support the work of individuals involved in the teaching and learning process;
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and administrators to support institutional and discipline-based accreditation;
- provide leadership and consultation on the assessment of student learning outcomes at all levels, and lead the institution in providing structures to support the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of current best practices related to educational development, pedagogy, and trends in higher education.
- Ability to develop cross-campus relationships that allow for connecting faculty members to appropriate resources that will support their overall success in the institution.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain collaborative and confidential relationships.
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated success with project management.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills . Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills . Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents .
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified as essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree. Five (5) plus years of experience in higher education administration.
- Experience in leading institution-wide teaching and learning initiatives
- Experience in leading inter-institutional initiatives
- Experience in program evaluation and assessment, especially in relation to regional accreditation, specialized accreditation, and grant-seeking processes
- Demonstrated success in working with faculty, staff, and students in diverse academic and co-curricular contexts
- Demonstrated record of scholarship in areas related to the teaching and learning process.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens