Executive Secretary - (STA006841)
Performs advanced and diversified secretarial and administrative duties. May supervise or lead the work of secretaries and/or other clerical office support personnel.
- Maintains calendar of supervisor by scheduling committee meeting and appointments involving university administrators, faculty staff and outside administrators.
- Screens incoming calls/mail and, as appropriate, provides requested information, takes messages, or redirects inquiries to the appropriate staff member or office.
- Composes correspondence for supervisor's signature from both written and oral instructions; types and edits correspondence into final form; proofreads and makes corrections as necessary.
- Coordinates travel arrangements by making necessary reservations for transportation and hotel accomodations; prepares all related travel documents.
- May monitor and maintain monthly expenses for the office; reconciles expenses charged to each account.
- Coordinates the office's filing system, ordering of supplies and work assignments of office clerical personnel.
- Takes minutes at meetings and transcribes same.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
High school and 5 years experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
Further information about the Law Center and its programs is available at http://www.law.uh.edu
This posting is for a position at the University of Houston Law Center supporting several full-time faculty members in an administrative capacity while interacting with Law Center students, other staff, and supervising UH students hired for administrative support.
A strong candidate will have the following skills: high proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; excellent professional business communications skills, both as to email and interactive communications; bookkeeping or accounting experience; proficiency in enterprise software systems such as Concur for travel; and experience with accounting, financial and administrative systems through which organizations process funds and administer budgets.
This search is coordinated by the office of the Law Center's Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. In addition to the formal application made in response to this posting, applicants should send the office a short email to Fariba Pouraryan, email@example.com. Please express your interest and attach a resume or curriculum vitae to that email.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Administration Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston