Microsystems Analyst I - (STA006833)
Provides hardware and software technical support to a department, including all major business applications for MacIntoshes and IBM-compatible personal computers.
- Researches, analyzes, designs and maintains desktop computer systems in support of departmental needs.
- Administers the local area network for a department, including the installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrading of the LAN; backs up the LAN on a daily and weekly basis.
- Serves as database administrator for the department and acts as liaison to data processing staff from Information Technology in resolving programming or communications problems.
- Develops training materials and trains staff to use computer applications; develops and maintains systems documentation.
- Analyzes the department's software and hardware needs; recommends hardware and software purchases based on analysis of needs; ensures compliance with university and division policies and procedures regarding network/computing acquisitions.
- Maintains inventory of the department's computer hardware and software.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 6 months experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of six (6) months of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston