Assistant Director for Advanced Analytics
FLSA Status: Exempt
Earliest Start Date: 02/01/2021
Salary: $105,000 - $110,000; Salary commensurate with experience
Hours per Week: 40.00 Standard from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Hiring Department: Office of Institutional Research and Analysis
Required Application Materials : A resume and letter of interest is required in order to apply.
Purpose of Position
Manage research analyst staff responsible for providing management information and analysis to support strategic initiatives and institutional efforts of the University of Texas System. This position will identify insightful data patterns that can be used to improve institutional effectiveness as well as improving student access and success and faculty productivity.
- Conducts complex statistical data analyses to evaluate institutional and System effectiveness using data from the UT System data warehouse and other data sources and translates these analyses in a clear, straightforward, and non-technical manner for a wide variety of audiences and for dissemination in a variety of mediums.
- Conducts analyses to respond to regular ad hoc requests from various stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner. This may include mining data from multiple sources, including working directly with campuses to obtain the necessary data; gathering and providing comparable benchmarks (national, state, and institutional peers) for metrics of interest; working with the stakeholder to increase understanding of what data is available to answer the question posed; writing a brief synopsis of any analyses, tables/graphs, or findings; and fully and accurately sourcing and explaining any limitations of the data.
- Researches and stays current with the literature and industry best practices in research methodology, statistical techniques, and data display. Monitors trends in higher education at the national, state, and institutional level in order to work with the Director to identify the topics for new research studies. Stays informed about System-wide initiatives and goals as well as campus-level initiatives and collaborates with UT System and institutional colleagues to work strategically to align research project goals with those broader initiatives.
- Manage/supervise analytics division of the Office of Institutional Research and Analysis’s institutional research analysts, providing oversight on the collection, analysis, and reporting of data for ongoing uses and special requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of key statistical concepts and experience analyzing data with ANOVA, linear regression, and logistic regression.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience communicating policy analysis results to different audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate data or information visually.
- Recent proven effectiveness managing a team of employees.
- Project management skills and the ability to work on a collaborative research team.
- Experience extracting and analyzing data from national and state data base higher education systems.
- Master’s degree with at least 3 years of experience in higher education OR Bachelor’s and 5 years of experience in higher education.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience using SAS or equivalent.
- Ph.D. in higher education or related field, with an established record of publications and presentations.
- Experience analyzing data from national and state database higher education systems.
- Advanced knowledge of topics in higher education, such as institutional research and planning; student outcomes; faculty productivity and teaching; research expenditures and activity; institutional productivity and efficiency; etc.
- Experience with advanced statistical techniques, such as clustering, survival analysis, and machine learning.
- Two or more years of supervision experience.
- May work around standard office conditions.
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation.
- Requires occasional evening or weekend hours
The University of Texas System Administration is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. Reasonable disability accommodation may be requested by contacting the Office of Talent and Innovation.
Applications are accepted through the UT System online application system ONLY. To be considered for this position, please visit our website at https://utsystem.edu/offices/human-resources/prospective-employees click on Explore Career Opportunities; External Applicant Job Search; View all Jobs. Then locate and select the Assistant Director for Advanced Analytics Job ID 5603 click on "Apply for Job".
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Austin
- Academic Affairs Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Austin
- Institutional Research & Planning Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Austin
- Research Administration Administrative $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Austin