Assistant Professor of Mass Communications, Strategic Communications Emphasis in Digital Media & Ana
Teach introductory, advanced skills and graduate courses in strategic communications. The successful candidate will provide leadership in the department’s strategic communications initiatives and teach the importance of diversity and inclusiveness in strategic media communications.
To learn more about the College/School and department:
The successful candidate is expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become an outstanding teacher-scholar through the use of research-based, best-practices pedagogy. They are expected to teach using both in-person and alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid. They will regularly engage in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth.
The successful candidate will share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission, and in particular, the value we place in diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as outlined in SCSU’s It’s Time strategic framework. Notably, we uphold the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion and engage in intentional actions to address systemic inequities throughout the university and surrounding environment. DEI values, practices, and strategies are embedded into the fabric of our institution and campus community, and they align with the priorities expressed in the Minnesota State system’s Equity 2030 initiative. SCSU expects all of its employees to help advance these practices and to contribute to the development of an anti-racist, inclusive community.
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignment effectively; 2) conduct scholarly achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B)
- Terminal degree in Mass Communications or related field. (PhD or MFA as applicable). ABDs may be considered; degree must be completed prior to first day of employment
- A minimum of three years of full-time professional experience in strategic communications
- Professional experience developing, implementing, and measuring strategic communication campaigns.
- Significant academic or professional experience in digital media analytics
- Demonstrated teaching and assessment experience using the theories, principles, and practices of strategic communications
- Demonstrated effective written, verbal, and digital technology skills
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Experience in sports or e-sports communication
- Experience in graphic design and multimedia with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience teaching courses in social or digital media
- Experience working with student organizations
- Teaching and assessment experience in an undergraduate and graduate higher education environment
- Experience with online teaching and assessment
- Demonstrated commitment to professional, community, and/or university service
- Statement of Research/Creative
- List of proficiencies with traditional and convergence/multi-media hardware and software
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Interim Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State University is Judith Siminoe. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 121
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Other Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Other Communications Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta