Account Clerk III - Business Office (Third Party A/R)
MOTLOW STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Account Clerk III – Business Office (Third Party A/R)
Position number: B99795
Motlow State is the fastest growing college in Tennessee. We are located in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee and have four campuses that serve students from eleven counties. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes an excellent retirement package from the state of Tennessee, 401K plan with match, thirteen paid annual holidays in addition to annual and sick leave days, health and dental insurance, tuition discounts, and state employee discounts. Motlow positions are contingent upon funding availability and budget approval.
High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of college courses Principles of Accounting I and II or two (2) years relevant accounting work experience. Working knowledge of computer applications including word processing and spreadsheet preparation. Experience in increasingly responsible office work involving application of accounting principles and use of technology.
Employees in this category are under general supervision. Work performed in applying accounting principles to the maintenance of fiscal records and performing related work as required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
(Duties and responsibilities listed are examples of work performed and may be modified as needs of the College may dictate)
- Responsible for third party contracts, billing vendors for student tuition, including maintaining authorizations, as well as applying Dual Enrollment grant funds to student accounts.
- Verify all state employee and teacher eligibility for applying fee discounts, fee waivers as well as applying senior adult and disabled waivers. Assigning the appropriate banner code in SFAREGS for registration purposes.
- Assists with student billings and receivables duties, including preparation and distribution of refund checks.
- Coordinates online book fees with Academic Affairs and Follett Bookstore to ensure charges reconcile with Banner and Follett invoice.
- Monitor Financial Aid bookstore charges and reconcile student bookstore charges to Follett Bookstore bill.
- Maintains, monitors, and responds to all Business Office email as well as the MSCC website chatbox inquiries and questions.
- Maintains the Business Office web page(s).
- Responsible for the Business Office Mongoose texting system when necessary.
- Assists Lead Cashier with front-line personal contact at the service windows for students and others with inquiries and needing to conduct financial type business with the college.
- Sorts and prepares checks for distribution to individuals and vendors.
- Assists all individuals with completion of travel requests in accordance with TBR policies and verifies that claims for reimbursement are accurate.
- Monitors operating supplies including all preprinted forms for the Business Office, and initiates purchase of such as needed.
- Assist in maintaining records and controls issuance/cancellation of long distance access codes.
- Performs word processing, prepares spreadsheets, does other clerical work as assigned.
- Assist with the scanning of all accounts payable documents and journal vouchers. Co-responsible for applying USPS postage to outgoing mail on a daily basis for all departments.
- Assist with daily bank deposits for MSCC and Foundation.
- Reconciles the Business Office budget accounts on a monthly basis.
- Serves as backup to Accounts Payable.
- Other duties as assigned.
To ensure consideration, interested applicants must submit an application and resume online at www.motlowjobs.com .
Human Resources Office, Dept. 200
Motlow State Community College
Telephone (931) 393-1592, TDD (931 393-1621)
Motlow College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Sections 504/ADA Employer
Motlow State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.