Account Clerk III -Business Office (Accounts Payable)
MOTLOW STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Account Clerk III –Business Office (Accounts Payable)
Position number: B99800
Motlow State is the fastest growing college in Tennessee. We are located in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee and have four campuses that serve students from eleven counties. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes an excellent retirement package from the state of Tennessee, 401K plan with match, thirteen paid annual holidays in addition to annual and sick leave days, health and dental insurance, tuition discounts, and state employee discounts. Motlow positions are contingent upon funding availability and budget approval.
High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of college courses Principles of Accounting I and II or two (2) years relevant accounting work experience. Working knowledge of computer applications including word processing and spreadsheet preparation. Experience in increasingly responsible office work involving application of accounting principles and use of technology
Employees in this category are under general supervision. Work performed in applying accounting principles to the maintenance of fiscal records and performing related work as required.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
(Duties and responsibilities listed are examples of work performed and may be modified as needs of the College may dictate)
- Operates independently and with only limited direction in an office involved in providing services to students, staff, and community and performing clerical and accounting tasks.
- Maintains automated accounts payable system and implements new technology related to accounts payable as it develops.
- Matches invoices to payment copy and receiving copy of purchase orders.
- Enters data into automated accounts payable system for payment from supporting invoices after verifying mathematical accuracy and that appropriate signatures are in place for approval to pay.
- Responsible for cancelling all checks in Banner Finance.
- Ensures proper fund, organization, account and program is used with invoices and procurement card transactions.
- Reviews all Sciquest requisitions for proper accounting codes and necessary required documents.
- Serves as contact person for departments and vendors concerning any problems with invoices and also initiates this contact if necessary.
- Generates a check edit listing from the accounts payable system and verifies information to source documents prior to sending listing to accounting for the printing of checks.
- Serves as liaison for interface of purchasing module information with the accounts payable system to encumber accounts and monitors the monthly purchasing system report of encumbrances.
- Reconciles open purchase order copies to the Banner report of encumbrances monthly.
- Responsible for printing all Regular and Open Purchase Orders.
- Assists employees with Banner Finance Self-Service and monthly reconciliations of accounts and provide training when necessary.
- Determines which vendors receive 1099’s for tax purposes and assures that all information necessary from vendors is on file prior to payment.
- Prepares 1099’s and distributes in accordance with federal regulations to vendors who have provided goods and services to Motlow.
- Assists with end of fiscal year data collection for encumbrances and accounts payable and assures that they are properly recorded in the financial records prior to preparation of financial statements.
- Assists Purchasing Coordinator with the annual physical inventory and data entry in the fixed asset module in Banner.
- Oversees the disposal of records and ensures that the business office is in compliance with TBR guidelines and policies.
- Reviews outstanding checks to determine what course of action should be taken with each individual check.
- Assists with the procurement card activity and that purchases are made according to established purchasing policy and adequate approvals exist prior to recording expenditures.
- Co-responsible for applying USPS postage to outgoing mail on a daily basis for all departments.
- Serves as backup for Purchasing Coordinator with Sciquest inquiries and approvals when necessary.
- Responsible for the daily remote banking deposits for MSCC and Foundation.
- Assists with scanning required documents into the Banner system.
- Responsible for data entry and scanning of all journal vouchers for MSCC and Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned.
To ensure consideration, interested applicants must submit an application and resume online at www.motlowjobs.com .
Human Resources Office, Dept. 200
Motlow State Community College
Telephone (931) 393-1592, TDD (931 393-1621)
Motlow College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Sections 504/ADA Employer
Motlow State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.