Director of Finance
Overview: Lourdes University, rooted in Catholic and Franciscan traditions, provides a values-centered education that enriches lives and advances academic excellence through the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies. In support of this mission, Lourdes University nurtures a diverse community that supports students in fulfilling their potential, commits to the engagement of faith and reason, inspired by our Catholic and Franciscan intellectual traditions, and provides a holistic, student-centered education rooted in the liberal arts.
Lourdes University invites applicants for the position of Director of Finance.
The Director of Finance is responsible for financial management, transaction processing, periodic reporting, and compliance for the institution. This includes oversight of financial systems, policies, procedures, controls, and records management to ensure effective and prudent financial operations of the University. The Director of Finance prepares management reports and assists with interpretation of financial and investment matters and presentations to internal and external audiences, including the University’s Administration and Board of Trustees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Personnel management and leadership of Finance Team consisting of full-time, part-time, interns, and student employees.
- Cash Management - manage the daily changes in operating bank accounts. Manage up to date cash flow and cash flow projections to ensure adequate liquidity.
- Commitment to process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Oversees all grant fund activity for compliance and ensures creation of monthly reporting. Will also work with grant managers on an as needed basis to create budgets and required reporting.
- Maintain fixed asset reporting to include monitoring capital projects, as well as capitalization and depreciation.
- Responsible for regular reconciliation of student receivable accounts.
- Work directly with the Financial Aid office in monitoring aid disbursement. Reconcile State and Federal aid ledgers to ensure compliance. Perform draw down and necessary functions to ensure timely funding.
- Manage the University budgeting systems, to include monitoring and reconciliation of departmental issues.
- Provide backup and oversee accounts payable and payroll functions.
- Assists in the annual preparation of the University’s 990 and 990T Federal Tax Return.
- Assists in the annual preparation of 1098T, W2 and 1099 reporting.
- Leads the annual audit from external auditors and corresponds timely with information requests.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet and income statement accounts monthly.
- Manage reporting and monitors payroll related activities for accuracy and compliance.
- Maintains separate accounting systems for related and disregarded entities and integrates them into the University information systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience required; Collaborative management style.
- Advanced knowledge of financial processing and reporting systems.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting standards; higher education experience preferred.
- Ability to use accounting software packages, database/spreadsheets, and MS Office applications required; openness to learn new technologies for efficient and effective data management
To apply, please click here. EOE