Accounting Clerk - Sr
About Kettering: Kettering University is a national leader in experiential STEM and business education, integrating an intense academic curriculum with applied professional experience. We inspire students to realize their potential and advance their ideas by combining theory and practice better than any institution in the world. Kettering University is dedicated to achieving the extraordinary through technological innovation, leadership, and service, built on values that foster respect, integrity, creativity, collaboration, and excellence in growth, global leadership, community outreach, and an engaged community of stakeholders.
BENEFITS include health, dental and vision coverage; retirement benefits with up to a 9% Kettering matching contribution; life and accident insurance; tuition assistance and waiver programs; vacation and holiday pay; sick and disability pay; home purchase assistance program; recreation center membership; and many other benefits.Job Specific Required Qualifications
- 5 to 7 years of Accounts Payable Experience Knowledge of: -Office methods, procedures and practices including the use of standard office equipment pertaining to accounts payable functions -Federal and state laws and regulations relating to accounts payable function – PC experience using database and basic Microsoft Office software
• Understanding and commitment to Kettering values:
o RESPECT: for teamwork, honesty, encouragement, diversity partnerships with students.
o INTEGRITY: including accountability, transparency and ethics.
o CREATIVITY: fostering flexibility and innovation.
o COLLABORATION: across disciplines and with all partners.
o EXCELLENCE: in all we do.
Audit and approve all requests for payments, process vendor invoices for payments, and perform data entry of invoices; Match purchase orders with invoices and receiving notices, including resolving discrepancies;-Send invoices out for approvals;-Verify and assign index and account numbers;-Reconcile vendor statements
Coordinate the work of the Accounts Payable area within the established accounting policies of the organization, including the training of Accounts Payable employees. Recommend operational efficiencies and process improvements involving the use of electronic documentation.
Perform year-end Accounts Payable accruals, assist in the external audit, and prepare and process calendar year-end IRS 1099 and state reporting requirements
Process check draws;
-Perform final audit on all checks;
-Process special-requested checks;
-Perform cancellation of checks
Contact departments and/or vendors to resolve problems;
-Request and verify new vendor information (name, address, IRS reporting status, etc.);
-Follow up on vendor debit balances;
-Process requests for sales tax exemption documentation;
-Request additional documentation, information, approvals, etc.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Flint
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Flint
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Flint
- Financial Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Flint