We are seeking a candidate who is highly motivated for laboratory bench research and technology development and is well organized with excellent communication skills. The major responsibility is to conduct high-throughput antibody based proteomics array and bead assays as a core service in support of collaborative research with a broad range of BCM faculty. Moreover, the position requires the ability to develop new technology platforms and design research experiments. Additional responsibilities include data management and reporting, Q/C and Q/I procedures, maintenance of high-end instrumentation, and literature searching and summarizing.
- Performs all targeted proteomic platform laboratory technologies that are standard operating procedures (SOP) as Core services.
- Develops new proteomic technology platforms which would expand the range of Core services.
- Designs and conducts experiments needed for platform development and other projects.
- Searches literature and summarizes information about the most advanced and updated proteomic technologies and technology needs in the field.
- Prepares experimental samples for targeted proteomics including cell and tissue protein extracts, body fluids, serum/blood, Q/C and quantification of protein samples and purification of proteins and other samples used as controls.
- Performs SOPs in an independent manner.
- Performs Q/C analysis of raw proteomic data sets and management of processed primary data.
- Prepares documentation and reporting of Core supported user projects in a carefully, timely and thorough manner.
- Performs some general laboratory management duties such as inventory and ordering supplies.
- Performs administrative lab management duties including
maintaining inventory of lab supplies and reagents, placing orders,
shipping and receiving of experimental protein samples.
- Master's degree in Basic Science or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will not be accepted.
- Three years of relevant experience typically as a Research Assistant, Research Technician or Postdoctoral Fellow/Associate.
- Master's degree in biochemistry or equivalent degree in biological sciences.
- PhD in a related field.
- Areas of research experience include protein biochemistry, protein isolation and purification, cell and tissue fraction for extraction of proteins, quantification of proteins, immunochemical methods for protein detection, QC procedures, data analysis software and computational skills with regard to biotechnology.
- Experience with automated robotics instrumentation and associated software platforms, cell culture methods and high throughput assays.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston