Instructor - Nurse Practitioner (Critical Care)
The Department of Medicine is seeking a qualified candidate for an Advanced Practice Clinician position in a critical clinical role. This Advanced Practice Clinician will provide medical care to patients with complex acute, critical, and/or chronic health conditions in a hospital setting in one or more specialized areas under the direction of a physician. Candidate will be required to provide clinical excellence, scholarly enthusiasm, and a track record of excellent clinical performance . The provider will have direct patient care responsibilities. The position will report to a BCM department head and the SVP and Dean of Clinical Affairs.
Be able to conduct comprehensive assessment of patients throughout the continuum in the inpatient setting based on age and diagnosis, including psychological status.
Perform and document history and physicals, order diagnostic studies, therapeutic procedures, prescribe medications, and participate in collaboration and direct reporting of patient information to the medical staff.
Proficient use of Epic in the delivery of care.
This position requires working in Critical Care Units.
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master’s degree in in Nursing.
- Experience Required: None required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by department. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.