- The senior accountant assists in the maintenance of accounting books and records. This position is responsible for budget modeling support, grant and endowment accounting, reconciliations of all bank accounts, and other accounting tasks as assigned.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; and resolving discrepancies.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, revenue and expenditures, and other statements.
- Help develop and maintain University budget model while acting as an additional resource for budget questions.
- Maintain grant tracking system: review expenditures, request cash draw-downs, and prepare timely reports to outside agencies. Serve as primary contact between NDMU faculty members, grant manager, and outside granting agency.
- Prepare account reconciliation of all contributions recorded on the general ledger to Raiser’s Edge software maintained by Institutional Advancement.
- Prepare and manage account reconciliation of asset and liability accounts.
- Assists in preparation of monthly management reports, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs Actual” variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Assist with annual external audit examination. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit.
- Document policies, procedure and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Back-up for month-end tasks to Controller, Assistant Controller and Business Office staff.
- Protects University values by keeping information confidential.
- Perform such similar, comparable, or related tasks as may be
required or assigned.
- Knowledge: Bachelor's degree in accounting. Knowledge of budget modeling and analysis, grant preparation, and endowment accounting.
- Experience: Five years general accounting experience including general ledger and financial statement preparation.
- Skills/Aptitude: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Team player with ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in busy office. Strong understanding of use of Excel spreadsheets, Word and general ledger software.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Some overtime may be required.
- All trainings must be completed within one week of employee starting work.
- Title IX for Higher Education
- FERPA – How to Protect Student Privacy in Higher Education
- Hazard Communication GHS and Your Right to Know
- Preventing Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens
- Safety Orientation for Campus Workers
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Questions can be directed to the hiring manager, Victoria Washington at email@example.com
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore