Assistant Professor of Art Education
Assistant Professor of Art Education
Position Description(s): Lander University seeks applicants for a full time, tenure-track position as Assistant Professor of Art Education, beginning August 15, 2021. The candidate will teach undergraduate/graduate levels of Art Education, mentor candidates in field/clinical based settings, and coordinate the M.A.T. Visual Art K-12 program. The candidate will actively engage in departmental, institutional, and professional service, student advising, and scholarly or creative activities. They must be an excellent communicator and an effective leader who is able to work collaboratively with Lander art and education faculty. Candidates will be comprehensively involved in recruitment for the M.A.T. degree and must be willing to foster and sustain relationships with nearby district K-12 schools and regional universities. The successful candidate will be committed to teaching and willing to work with diverse student bodies.
Lander University is proud to be NCATE/NASAD accredited. The Department of Art offers a B.F.A. Visual Art, B.Des. Graphic Design, M.F.A. Visual Art, B.S. Visual Art with emphasis in teacher certification and a M.A.T. Visual Art K-12 for initial teacher certification in art.
Required: Terminal degree (Ph.D., Ed.D. or D.A.) in a related
field (art education, education with art emphasis, studio art with
relevant K-12 art teaching experience); ABD will be considered.
Three years experience in teaching at K-12.
Application Materials: Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Please submit the following to Karen Hammond at
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Assistant/Associate Professor
of Art Education”:
• Cover letter addressing professional qualifications and interest in the position
• Curriculum Vitae
• One-page Statement of Teaching Philosophy with emphasis on Art Education
• Examples of professional work: Provide 20 samples in a single PDF file no larger than 10 MB
• Examples of student work: Provide 20 samples in a single PDF file no larger than 10 MB
• Unofficial Transcripts
• Contact information for at least 3 references
Lander University’s mission is to offer high-demand and market-driven programs to ambitious and talented students in South Carolina and beyond. These programs are delivered in a rich liberal arts environment to produce highly qualified and marketable graduates.
Lander University is a tobacco-free campus. All final candidates are subject to successfully completing background requirements.
Lander University is committed to equal opportunity employment
and being an employer of choice. Lander believes that corresponding
differences within the faculty and staff, whether based on
ethnicity, race, gender, religion, age, or other experiences, are
tremendous assets to the role of Lander as an educational
institution and within the community, region, and state. Moreover,
Lander is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. As a
result, it is the policy and commitment of Lander that it will not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability or other protected characteristics.
AA / EOE / ADA / Title IX/EO/AA Employer
For more information about the University and Greenwood, SC, please visit the following address. https://www.lander.edu/about
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greenwood
- Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greenwood
- Art Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greenwood
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greenwood
- Other Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Greenwood