Honors Program Assistant
The College of Arts and Sciences is seeking applications for a Part-Time Honors Program Assistant ! Providing support to the Program Manager, Director, Faculty, and students, this position will assist with processing documentation, disseminating information, and promoting program offerings to ensure daily business operations run smoothly.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The College of Arts and Sciences (A&S) at CU Boulder is the intellectual core of the University, conducting research, scholarship, creative work, and education in more than 60 fields. Our research generates new knowledge, solving some of the world’s most critical problems. The college leads nationally in undergraduate and graduate education in natural sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, bringing world-class research and scholarship to our students, both in and out of the classroom.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Program Administration and Event Planning
- Plan, prioritize and manage the program workflow by providing administrative and technical support for the Director, program manager, academic advisors, faculty, students and staff.
- Collect, interpret and report on data to evaluate enrollments, diversity planning, and funding processes and awards to recommend process modifications and improvements.
- Advise students, faculty and the Honors Council on thesis and program process, policies and procedures, providing guidance to students that best suits their individual needs and goals.
- Manage all program communications including website content and updates and creating promotional materials and signage to inspire and inform students within the program.
- Assist in coordination and set-up of convocation and other program-related events and special opportunities, tracking data and engagement to drive attendance for future events. Coordinate the distribution of certificates and medals to students after convocation.
Recruitment and Outreach
- Engage and maintain connections with program alumni and collaborate with A&S Recruitment to attract qualified students including those from underrepresented populations.
- Support outreach activities to the CU LEAD Alliance, Student Academic Success Center, Cultural Unity and Engagement Center, and the Guardian Scholars Program informing and recruiting students into honors classes, the thesis process and other program activities.
- Develop and maintain diverse databases related to program operations including the Latin Honors Thesis process.
What We Can Offer
The hiring salary range for this 50% appointment is $21,594 - $22,250.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Informed. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Three years of experience in an occupational field related to the assigned position. (Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.)
- Current Colorado residency is required.
What You Will Need
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail with a shown ability to effectively work, with a problem-solving mentality, in an environment with multiple interruptions while providing excellent customer service.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and a dedicated ability to learn university systems, procedures, and guidelines in an efficient manner.
- Proven effectiveness and efficiency in both written and oral communications with a demonstrated ability to thrive independently as well as on a team.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences while collaboratively working with faculty, students, and staff from around the world.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Associate's degree or higher.
- Experience working in an education environment.
- Experience with graphic design, complex spreadsheets, Adobe Acrobat, financial systems, and/or file management systems.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to email@example.com or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by January 31, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder