Kinesiology Part-Time Faculty (Applicant Pool)
School of Kinesiology, Counseling, and Rehabilitative
Full Time or Part Time?
Part - Time
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal
Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness,
equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek
excellence through diversity among our students, administrators,
faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is
Purpose of Position
The School of Kinesiology, Counseling, and Rehabilitative Sciences
at Northern Kentucky University is seeking to create a database of
potential part-time instructors who are qualified to teach courses
in exercise science.
THERE IS NOT A SPECIFIC POSITION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSTING .
THIS POSTING WILL BE USED TO CREATE A DATABASE OF POTENTIAL PART -
TIME FACULTY .
Teaching responsibilities involve:
1) Teaching a three-credit hour course.
2) Creating a syllabus with a timeline of classes for
3) Provide a meeting time for students.
4) Managing Canvas and MyNKU system.
Also, under the direction of the Academic Department Chair:
• Develop and manage syllabus materials. The adjunct professor is
responsible for selecting and compiling tests, assignments and/or
online discussion exercises that permit measurement of performance
relative to standardized learning objectives.
• Coordinate courseware and curriculum with academic department
chair. The adjunct professor is responsible for reviewing any
textbook and other courseware changes with the academic department
chair and other full-time faculty teaching the course.
• Facilitate class instruction. The adjunct professor is
responsible for teaching the assigned class in accordance with
learning objectives and session plan outlines
• The adjunct professor is expected to administer evaluations of
student performance based on course deliverables and course
All course grades must be posted in MyNKU.
All applicants must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in one of
the following disciplines: exercise science.
Certification as an NSCA Strength and Conditioning Specialist (
CSCS ) preferred.
Please submit your application with a cover letter, vitae, and the
names of at least three professional references.
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree?
- * Do you have collegiate or high school classroom teaching
- * In which disciplines are you qualified to teach?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3