Postdoctoral Research Associate - Intranasal Drug Delivery
Job Code/Title PD - Post Doctoral Position Number P00001 Working Title Postdoctoral Research Associate - Intranasal Drug Delivery Department Mechanical And Nuclear Engineering Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $50,000 to $55,000 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Post Doc Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The College of Engineering at Virginia Commonwealth University, Department of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering, has a postdoctoral position available in Respiratory Aerosol Research and Educational Laboratory ( RARE Lab, PI: Dr. Laleh Golshahi). The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to develop and expand upon a diversified technical skill set while making a positive contribution to the US FDA’s ongoing efforts to increase and improve locally acting generic drug testing and development.
Research projects for the position will involve device characterization, development of in vitro nasal airway replicas, quantitative pharmaceutical analysis, frequent report writing and presenting data to sponsors. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in quantitative pharmaceutical analysis, aerosol characterization and strong communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in formulation development and quantitative analytical skills. In this position, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work and collaborate with a vast network of scientists and engineers.
- Ph.D. in STEM
- Experience in pharmaceutical quantitative analysis, aerosol characterization, and statistical analysis
- Peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to mentor junior team members, and ensure the highest levels of laboratory safety
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
-Ability to work under tight deadlines and short turnaround times
Job Open Date 01/19/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates for consideration must upload a cover letter of interest, CV, and two professional references to include emails and phone numbers in a single PDF file. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
VCU is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
RARE Laboratory website: https://blogs.vcu.edu/lgolshahi/welcome/
PI website: https://egr.vcu.edu/directory/lalehgolshahi/
Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/102891 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you find out about this position?
- ○ Alumni association magazine
- ○ Chronicle of Higher Education
- ○ Community event
- ○ Email notification
- ○ HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- ○ Higher education publication
- ○ Internal Recruiter
- ○ Job fair
- ○ Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- ○ Listserv
- ○ Newspaper
- ○ Professional association/journal
- ○ Referred by person/employee
- ○ Search firm notification
- ○ VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- ○ Other
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond