Job Code/Title 82761 - H - Lab/Research Technician 1 Position Number HU1252 Working Title Research Technician Department Oral & Craniofacial Biology Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range 16.00 - 17.00 Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 29 Normal work days Monday - Friday Normal work hours 29 per week Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The candidate will have at a minimum a BS in Biology and preferably a MS degree in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or relevant discipline. The candidate will be performing mammalian cell culture, generating stable cell lines using retro- and lenti-virus vectors, protein immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation, qPCR, as well as standard molecular biology techniques (plasmid DNA preparation, gel electrophoresis). He/she will be performing routine research activities as assigned, including in vitro based drug screens to find new therapies for cancer and will be dosing of laboratory animals and animal husbandry. Direct and interpret experiments. Assist in writing papers and grant applications. Devise new experiments.
• BS in the field of biology, chemistry, biochemistry, genetics, cell biology, molecular biology required.
• Must be self-motivated and reliable. • Attention to detail in experimental techniques and record keeping is critical.
• He /she must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience and ability to work independently within a flexible schedule.
• The candidate will have strong organization skills and ability to maintain the regulatory documents for laboratory research, also involving animals
• Preferably Masters Degree in the field of biology, chemistry, biochemistry, genetics, cell biology, molecular biology.
• Experience in working in a research laboratory performing experiments in the fields of mouse studies, biochemistry, genetics, cell biology, molecular biology is preferred.
• Experience in ordering and purchasing equipment and supplies is preferable.
• Having previous experience with handling mice is a plus but not required.
Job Open Date 01/15/2021 Remove from posting on or before 01/29/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information
The candidate hired will be required to notify supervisor in a timely manner regarding absences or late arrival.
Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/102829 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current VCU employee?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Pharmacology Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond