Secretary for Residence Life and Housing Services
Job Title Secretary for Residence Life and Housing Services Posting Number S854P Classification Title
Compiles and maintains secretarial and general administrative clerical work to support the Office of Residence Life and Housing Services; provides information to callers and minor administrative support by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Presents a positive and supportive image of California Baptist University
2. Serves as the main receptionist for visitors to the Office of Residence Life and Housing Services
3. Screens incoming calls, inquiries, and correspondence, responding independently as appropriate
4. Organizes and maintains accurate departmental records, files and appropriate databases
5. Assists with operations related to student housing and associated use by University departments
6. Schedules appointments for the Office of Residence Life and Housing Services administrative staff
7. Assist with the coordination and arrangement of meetings, preparation of agendas, and reservation of facilities
8. Provides secretarial and general administrative support by preparing correspondence, reports, and other documents
9. Compiles and updates budget information, processes weekly requisitions and summary sheets
10. Serves as office supply vendor coordinator; responsible for ordering and maintaining suitable levels of office supplies
11. Receives and distributes incoming mail
12. Makes copies of correspondence and other printed materials
13. Performs other duties that are specific to the Office of Residence Life and Housing Services.
This position may be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 01/19/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6264 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside