Program Manager 2 (College of Medicine) - (STA006837)
Manages the day-to-day operations of a large university program or department, including the supervision of staff employees, student workers, programs or processes.Job Duties
- Plans and develops procedures for administering a large or complex department or program.
- Manages fiscal activities, including procurement and budget analysis.
- Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
- Prepares abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation.
- Creates and reviews reports of expenditures and activities.
- May administer grants and grant-related related communications, scholarships and other operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures.
- May serve as property custodian for the department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 1 year experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information:
This is a new position that will support programs in the Humana Integrated Health System Sciences Institute. Requirements include ability to coordinate interprofessional education activities across the colleges of health professions; facilitate in community engagement activities, and manage educational events offered by the Humana institute, including lunch-n-learn series and professional development activities; will also participate in needs assessment, planning, coordinating and evaluating Humana Institute activities, including budgeting.
Additional Education and Experience/Skills
- Master’s degree in public health, Healthcare Administration or related field preferred
- Experience in public/population health required
- Experience with budgets or expenditure tracking preferred
- Must be highly self-motivated, as well as be able to work independently.
- Must be highly organized with excellent attention to detail and follow through while managing multiple tasks.
- Flexibility and the ability to make professional presentations and appearances is also required.
- Must be tech savvy with at least intermediate computer skills using Word, Excel, Outlook, Zoom and/or other virtual platforms, etc.
- Strong written communication skills required.
- Some relevant experience in academic writing and project management is preferred.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston