RESEARCH ASSOCIATE III
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE III
Posting Number: SRGV4680
Number of Vacancies: 2
Location: Weslaco, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Internal Medicine
Scope of Job:
Under general supervision and with significant latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment, performs complex specialized research work. Conducts research on segments or phases of comprehensive research projects. Responsible for supervision of other research personnel.
Description of Duties:
• Independently conducts, monitors and analyzes research projects under some guidance from Principal Investigators.
• Uses statistical methods and relational databases to analyze data sets.
• Prepares and reviews reports of research findings.
• Conducts data-gathering interviews.
• Responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, and administering research projects.
• Responsible for formulating research objectives, programs, and priorities in consultation with the Principal Investigator.
• May design and create computer programs for research applications.
• May prepare research budget estimates, maintain cost accounting records of project expenditures, and prepare monthly budget reports.
• Complies with all Federal and State regulations, and University policies.
• May have supervisory responsibilities for junior staff and students.
• Installs, operates, and maintains research equipment.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Specific supervision from assigned supervisor.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws while supervising student employees and offering guidance to junior Research Associates.
Master’s Degree from an accredited University in an applicable discipline.
• Three (3) years of relevant experience with a Master’s degree from and accredited University in an applicable discipline, or
• Five (5) years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in an applicable discipline.
Knowledge of statistical concepts and methods and their application to research analysis, of measurement, testing, and evaluation, and of research methods, principles, techniques, and philosophies. Skilled in conducting qualitative and quantitative research and in using computers, software, and statistical tools and programs. Ability to plan, organize, and oversee research projects, evaluate research data, ensure the development of measuring instruments with respect to reliability, relevance, and validity, interpret and publish research findings, and communicate effectively. Knowledge of all Microsoft Office software and able to learn and use institutional software systems.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public. This position is designed for full-time employees. May work some evenings and/or weekends.
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 10/05/2020
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 06/30/2023
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27135