Concession and Retail Manager
University of Idaho
Concession and Retail Manager
Division/College: Auxiliary Services
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.34 per hour or higher depending on experience and education
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Multi-Use Facilites, the Concession & Retail Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and supervising concession and retail operations for multiple facilities including but not limited to ASUI Kibbie Dome, ICCU Arena and UI Golf Course. This position is responsible for inventory control, quality control, staff management, ordering and managing supplies of both the Kibbie Dome & ICCU Arena. Additional responsibilities may include management of vending machines, settlement of 3rd party merchandise sales and development of other product offerings.
High school diploma or GED;
Minimum 1 year work experience that includes the following:
• Supervisory or management in a concessions or similar facility serving food and drink for large events;
• Hiring, supervising, training, and evaluating employees;
• Developing and implementing operating policies and procedures;
• Managing a computerized point of sale (POS) system;
• Working with numerous and diverse clientele.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, hospitality management, culinary arts, or another related field;
• 3 years’ experience in supervision or management of concessions, restaurant or similar facility serving food & drink for large events;
• Knowledge of pricing strategies and current marketing trends;
• Experience working in large multi-use facilities, arenas, stadiums, etc.;
• Possess excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills, strong orientation to customer service, and strong basic math skills to accurately count inventory and handle money;
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment to accomplish shared goals;
• Ability to interpret policies and procedures and independently resolve problems.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• Ability to work irregular hours and long shifts as needed to complete duties of the position;
• Ability to move continuously about and between concession and vending locations for extended periods of time;
• Ability to lift, push, pull, carry, or otherwise move materials up to 35 pounds.
Posting Number: SP002695P
Posting Date: 01/15/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by January 31, 2021 will receive first consideration.
In your cover letter please address how your experience, skills and abilities align with the Required and Preferred Qualifications listed in the Position Qualifications. Your information will be used to determine eligibility for an interview, and demonstrate communications skills.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.