Associate Vice President, Regional and Online Campuses
University of La Verne
Associate Vice President, Regional and Online Campuses
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
Provide leadership and direction for the Regional and Online Campuses (ROC) and assume responsibility for the campus' administration and the academic and co-curricular experience of adult learners.
- Provide leadership in the development, implementation, and review of academic programs and administrative policies and operations in all major areas of regional campus and online programs (i.e., student, instructional, administrative, business, financial services, and facilities).
- Develop and implement ROC’s strategic plan with a clear focus on metrics for success to build and maintain thriving programs and online programs.
- Create and implement a data-informed student success and retention plan focused on student satisfaction, timely completion, and career outcomes.
- Oversee the financial management of the campuses including online; develop, manage, and review budgets; meet and exceed expected financial margins.
- Partner with Strategic Enrollment Management to ensure successful recruitment of new students by following marketing and recruitment plans, participating in collateral development, and adhering to standards set for the website, social media, and branding.
- Partner with the academic college deans to ensure viable and relevant academic undergraduate and graduate programs for adult learners, and maintain collaborative relationship with external PDU provider
- Hire, evaluate, and develop qualified administrators and staff; lead and manage ROC Campus Directors towards performance excellence and accountability.
- Represent the university and ROC to alumni, donors, outside agencies, and community partners in cooperation with University Advancement.
- Be a culturally competent employee who attends/completes mandatory diversity and inclusivity trainings as provided by the university.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s or Ph.D./Ed.D./J.D.
- 5 years of experience managing multiple educational campuses and sites
- 5 years of experience in educating adult learners
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- 5 years of experience managing complex budgets
- Leadership, strategy, critical thinking, management, cultural competency, influencing, presentation, team building, and negotiation/persuasion
- Experience with successful “turn around” situations
- Demonstrated experience working across units, divisions, and community partners
- Demonstrated mid-level and senior leadership experience
- Experience establishing and maintaining Corporate/Educational partnerships
- Experience with optimizing face-to-face/hybrid/online delivery
- Experience with collaborating with future employers
- Strategic planning
- Written and interpersonal communication skills
- DegreeWorks, CampusLabs, Banner, Slate CRM
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation