Vice President for Business & Finance
Job Title: Vice President for Business and Finance
Department: Business and Finance
Reports to: College President
Anticipated Date: 07/01/2021
The Vice President for Business and Finance (VPBF) serves as a key member of the Bethel College leadership team, providing financial, strategic, and operational support to the institution. The VPBF reports directly to the President, working collaboratively with other senior administrative cabinet members on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to financial forecasting, cost benefit analysis, budget management, and the securing of new funding when such funding comes through financial, investment, real estate, and related markets.
- Work with the College President in the development, implementation, and maintenance of a strategic plan for sustaining the long-term financial stability of the College, infrastructure, investments, and business continuity.
- Oversee the operations of the Business Office, Business Services, Facilities, Human Resources and Compliance, and Information and Media Services.
- Oversee the financial management of institutional assets including cash, investments, equipment, and buildings.
- Develop and manage the institution’s annual operating budget.
- Protect college assets and resources by establishing and maintaining appropriate standards, policies, protocols, and coverage necessary for mitigating financial, insurance, and liability risk.
- Lead the planning and development of the long term financial administrative systems through the use of applicable technology and appropriate software.
- Ensure college compliance efforts with applicable federal and state financial rules and regulations.
- Serve as an integral partner in developing, implementing, and monitoring strategic and long-term planning.
- Build an environment of trust through communication that values others, acknowledges diversity and works collegially with faculty, staff, and cabinet members.
- Liaison with the Board of Directors, its Finance Affairs/Risk Management Committee, and the selected investment manager (s).
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to learn and adapt to changing work processes, including moving from in-person to remote work and back, as necessitated by College policy or as directed by the College President.
- Satisfy the duties of a Campus Security Authority (CSA) relating to Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (“Clery Act”) and satisfy the duties of an Official with Authority (OWA) and Mandated Reporter relating to Title IX and the Bethel College Equal Opportunity, Harassment, & Non-Discrimination Policy and Procedures.
- Comply with Bethel College policies and procedures.
- Perform additional and related responsibilities as assigned by the College President.
- Directly supervise the Controller, Director of Business Services, Director of Facilities, Director of Information Media Services, and Director of Human Resources and Compliance.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting.
- At least five years of experience in mid- to senior-level financial management in a complex environment such as higher education.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and collegially with the many constituencies to ensure the success of the College.
- Experience with technology in terms of infrastructure planning and administrative systems development.
- Experience in organizing and leading multiple projects at one with different timelines, work teams, and modalities with outstanding problem-solving skills and critical thinking.
- Strong leadership skills that can motivate cross-functional teams of people toward project outcomes.
- Demonstrate progressively responsible fiscal leadership experience in capital planning, financial reporting, budgeting, and/or financial controls.
- Minimal lifting (up to 25 lbs.) and reaching.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one office or building location to another
- Ascending and descending stairs.
- Ability to perform tasks both sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
Work Environment/Environmental Condition:
All the essential job functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Individuals may be required to perform other job-related instructions as requested by the supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all-inclusive and may change at the option of the (supervisor or department head). Any major change will result in the position being reviewed for reclassification.
For more information regarding this position or to apply online please visit our website: https://www.bethelks.edu/about/who-we-are/career-opportunities
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newton
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newton
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newton
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Newton