Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation - Esports Coordinator
St. Lawrence University invites applications for an Esports Coordinator position. The Esports Coordinator will be responsible for the instruction of athletes in and out of the esports arena and in the classroom. Recruitment of highly qualified student-athletes (requires travel and meeting with families), organization, administration, ensuring academic success, good citizenship, sportsmanship, and promotion of positive values consistent with the mission of St. Lawrence University.
- Program organization:
- Maintain the esports arena to a presentable standard
- Manage and maintain equipment
- Coordinate esport program opportunities to include tournaments, special projects and related events
- Onboard new students and staff in order to become fully integrated
- Update program policies and procedures as needed and as requested
- Manage esports discord server, email, and social media accounts
- Research news and trends that affect the delivery, impact and message of the esports program.
- Ability to supervise, evaluate, and effectively provide direction to one graduate assistant coach
- Coordinate with the athletics communication and marketing office to provide accurate and timely data for game scores as well as individual and team accomplishments.
- Management of all phases of an esports program
- Report on a regular basis to the Director of Athletics
- Knowledge of esports with an emphasis on competitive League of Legends, Overwatch, and/or other mainstream collegiate titles
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1 year of experience with Twitch.tv, OBS studio, or other streaming platforms
- Have a complete and functional understanding of all titles offered in the esports program.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically think and problem solve
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate data related to gameplay, team and individual performance, and recruiting
- Ability to effectively communicate with faculty, staff, University community members, students, and alumni
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Organization, coordination, adaptability, full knowledge of all effective esports management practices and new trends. Change is ever-present in the world of esports and your program succeeds or fails on how fast it can keep up.
- Budget management
- Must have a philosophy compatible with highly selective academic standards within a Liberal Arts University that supports diversity and inclusivity
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet the University’s requirement to operate a University vehicle.
- A strong commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion
- Prior experience coaching or coordinating esports programs at the professional or collegiate level
- Master’s degree from an accredited higher education institution
- Esports entrepreneurship experience, i.e. working with esports brands, tournament companies, sponsors etc.
- Significant competitive experience (500hr minimum in game time) in at least two different esports titles
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is a coeducational, private, independent liberal arts institution of about 2,400 students from more than 40 states and 40 nations. The educational opportunities at St. Lawrence inspire students and prepare them to be critical and creative thinkers, to find a compass for their lives and careers, and to pursue knowledge and understanding for the benefit of themselves, humanity and the planet. Through its focus on active engagement with ideas in and beyond the classroom, a St. Lawrence education leads students to make connections that transform lives and communities, from the local to the global.
The University is committed to and seeks diversity among its faculty, staff and students. Such a commitment ensures an atmosphere that is diverse and complex in ways that are intellectually and socially enriching for the entire campus community. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups, as well as from individuals with experience teaching or working in a multicultural environment, are encouraged. St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.