IBS Program Manager
We are encouraging applications for a Program Manager to manage financial, HR, administrative, research support, secretarial, and technical support functions for an Institute of Behavioral Science Programs (Environment & Society), the Director, the Administrative Officer of the Institute, and to other Institute constituents which includes but is not limited to accounting, producing and maintaining financial reports influencing Institute-wide business decisions, providing oversight and maintenance of changes to Program staffing and funding, crafting advisory reports, providing communications relating to the accurate assessment and sound maintenance of the Institutes’ financial databases and processes, supporting research activities and participating in the submission of externally funded grant proposals.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Institute of Behavioral Science (IBS) is a research institute within the Graduate School of the University of Colorado Boulder. Since its establishment in 1957, it has provided a setting for interdisciplinary collaborative research on problems of societal concern. By engaging faculty from all the social and behavioral sciences at the University of Colorado, Boulder, IBS encourages work that transcends disciplinary boundaries, that illuminates the complexity of social behavior and social life, and that has important implications for social policy.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Develop and prepare budgets for program accounts and execute budget plans for the program's general fund accounts, auxiliary accounts, and research accounts.
- Handle all aspects of the pre-award (submission) and post-award management of grants for the research personnel. In addition, coordinate and maintain all project-related materials, and authority is vested to also build and recommend improved processes to ensure compliance with all foreign, US Federal, state and local regulations and policies governing the management of grant-related activity.
- Manage program administration and advise approximately 10 Program personnel (Faculty, Research Faculty, Graduate Students) in the appropriate execution of requisite administrative functions. Provide informed advice in the coordination of these administrative functions facilitating their successful execution. Additionally, manage the Programs' travel-related functions. This includes the provision of support for all individual and group travel (faculty, staff, and visitors), as well as management and supervision of workshop and conference implementation for groups as large as 30.
- General support of the Program’s Research Mission by assisting with outreach, attending committee meetings, assist with the coordination of working groups, and coordinating of speakers series events.
What You Should Know
This is a part-time position.
What We Can Offer
This is a part-time position. The hiring range for this position will be $24,000.00-$27,500.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Driven. Be Proactive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- 1+ years of professional, job-related experience.
What You Will Need
- Understand the basic principles of research administration, familiarity with Uniform Guidance, and the ability to communicate clearly using verbal and written communications techniques.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience working in the Microsoft Office suite environment and with the Adobe Acrobat Professional software.
- Experience with the University of Colorado's HR/Financial program PeopleSoft, Marketplace, and the Concur Expense and Travel systems.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by Tuesday, January 26th for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Part Time jobs in Boulder