The CU Book Store welcomes applications for a E-Commerce Manager . This position serves primarily as the Manager of the E-Commerce department. It will support the order fulfillment department, the web product department, shipping and monsoon departments. This role manages and trains both student and professional staff; creates policies and procedures for order fulfillment and web products; creates labor budgets for these departments, schedules hours, and trains all front-line staff.
The position is responsible for all order fulfillment at the CU Book Store in addition to creating and maintaining all products, product descriptions and product images on cubookstore.com .
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The CU Book Store, owned and operated by the University of Colorado Boulder is your official store for CU merchandise. By shopping at the store that caters to the special needs of a university community, your dollars stay on campus to further the work of this nationally recognized institution.
The CU Book Store offers a convenient place for students to prepare for classes with a large textbook department featuring rental, used and new textbooks as well as custom published materials and required course supplies. You can also find a full range of office products and school supplies to support your academic and professional pursuits.
Past, present and future students, as well as CU fans of all ages, will enjoy shopping the largest custom selection of official CU insignia clothing and gifts on display in our clothing and gift department. You can also shop online anytime and have those special items delivered right to your door!
Computer novices to techies will find what they are looking for in the technology department of the CU Book Store. We understand the academic needs and facility restrictions at CU and are happy to help you select the appropriate hardware, software and accessories that will enhance your efforts. Special academic pricing is available on laptop and personal computer systems and software licenses. Computer accessories are displayed here to help you get connected now!
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Order Fulfillment Management
- Responsible for managing the Order Fulfillment Team and making sure all tasks are completed in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Continually reviews all established guidelines and procedures, making changes as necessary to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Research and partner with IT to suggest and implement improvements and enhancements to the order placement and order fulfillment systems.
- Develop and enforce performance metrics.
- Generate and disseminate order placement and fulfillment forecasts for each fiscal year, using this information to accurately staff and supply the department.
- Managing the submission and follow-up of detailed Service Requests for any issues encountered in the Order Fulfillment VR module, as well as the eRatex Pre-Order module.
Web Product Management
- Manage the Web Product Team and making sure all tasks are completed in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Reviews all established guidelines and procedures, making changes as necessary to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Research and work with IT to suggest and implement improvements and enhancements to cubookstore.com. Responsible for the development and enforcement of service guidelines.
- Responsible for the development and enforcement of Web Product Team performance metrics.
- Work with the buyers to generate and disseminate Web Product forecasts for each fiscal year, using this information to accurately staff the Web Product department.
- Manage the submission and follow-up of detailed Service Requests for any issues encountered on the cubookstore.com website.
Staff and Student Employee Management
- Responsible for managing 30+ student employees and up to 60 temporary employees.
- Hiring, reviewing, coaching, and disciplining all direct reports.
- Submit timesheets and approving leave for all direct reports.
- Assign tasks and projects and seeing that those tasks and projects are completed.
- Manage the scheduling of all direct reports.
- Creating, following, and modifying, as needed, a detailed labor budget for each individual area managed.
- Responsible for managing the creation and administration of all training procedures to direct reports.
- Opening and/or closing of store and working late nights during our busy times of the year.
Customer Service Management
- Responsible for working with other Book Store management on the creation of all customer service procedures and guidelines and ensuring they are applied correctly in order to assist customers with any issue that may arise, either in-person, over the phone, via email, or on our Live Chat application.
- Assist student employees in correctly applying our customer service guidelines in any given situation as well as taking, and resolving escalated customer service issues.
- Manage the daily Live Chat operation – making sure there is sufficient coverage at all times.
What We Can Offer
Annual salary range is $48,000-$53,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Ambitious. Be Positive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years of retail experience.
- 1+ year(s) of supervisory experience.
What We Would Like You To Have
5+ years of supervisory experience in a college book store.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by January 31, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com