Instructor - School of Nursing Keyser Campus
West Virginia University School of Nursing at Keyser, WV invites applications for an Instructor. This is a Full-time, Non-tenure Clinical Education Track, and Nine (9) month position. This position will report to the department Chairperson. The selected applicant will begin his/her contract starting Fall 2021.
- Teaching in traditional classroom, small-group, clinical, skills lab, and simulation settings;
- Organizing and supervising students in fundamentals clinical rotations;
- Assisting new students in the transition to the nursing major; and
- Attending faculty and other School of Nursing meetings/events.
- Master’s degree in nursing (MSN);
- Two (2) years of professional nursing practice experience, with evidence of current experience in nursing practice sufficient to demonstrate professional competence;
- Two (2) years of teaching experience in nursing; and
- Unencumbered West Virginia Multistate RN License by position start date (other state RN licenses may be required based on clinical rotation sites).
Preferred experience in:
- Practice: Nursing home or hospital; and
- Teaching: Fundamentals of nursing
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Electronic submission of application with supporting credentials (letter of interest addressing the requirements above; current resume/curriculum vitae; contact information for three professional references including names, postal addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers; and permission to contact these references) can be made at https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/faculty/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en .
For more information on the WVU School of Nursing, please visit https://nursing.hsc.wvu.edu/ .
For more information about the WVU Potomac State Campus, please visit https://admissions.potomacstatecollege.edu/academics/majors/nursing-bsn .
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.