Work Site Location: Sandpoint Administration
Work Schedule: This part-time position works approximately 19 hours per week with some evening hours.
Under general supervision this position is the front line office support for an NIC off-campus facility. Greets and assists visitors, instructors and students; operates a multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls and route callers to appropriate personnel; makes appointments; answers questions; provides general office support for the department and NIC. May receive work direction from a higher level Administrative Assistant.
This list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Welcomes on-site visitors, instructors, and students. Determines nature of support.
- Provides general information to support enrollment management processes to callers and visitors.
- Operates personal computer to enter data, draft, edit, revise and print letters, tables, reports and other materials.
- Assists prospective and current students in using the college website and related information systems, and reports equipment or system failures.
- Provides basic assistance with instructional technology. Reports equipment or system failures.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and emails, determines purpose of calls, and forwards messages to appropriate personnel or department. Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Enters data into a computer for a variety of documents such as schedules, records and forms that are usually in template format.
- Answers general questions about the department or NIC, or a specific function within the department or NIC, and provide visitors with address directions, and other information.
- Uses scanner to send and track electronic documents.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Monitor the use of computer labs, classrooms, and all general work spaces.
- Provide support for NIC testing as designated.
- Respond to basic technical questions from classroom faculty and students.
- Initiates IVC connections and monitors IVC classroom.
Education and Experience : High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and a minimum of six months full-time related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to read, write and speak in English
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone and copier
All application materials must be upload and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: 15 Jan 2021 Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: 05 Feb 2021 11:55 PM Pacific Standard Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene