Workforce Development Coordinator (Construction Trade Program)
A successful candidate will play an active role in FMU's existing academic success. The Workforce Development Coordinator will assist in the planning and execution for our continuing education program in construction. The Coordinator will have the opportunity to creatively contribute to program direction and growth. The Coordinator will focus on three major areas:
- Recruit participants for each program cycle and perform outreach to community and collaborating organizations;
- Recruit and engage participants in all aspects of program, (participant recruitment, program delivery, and employer referrals, etc.) and ensure program fidelity;
- Assist in establishment of Business Advisory Council for WFD Programs; recruit and maintain employers and business professionals, especially in the construction industry, providing a network of employers for WFD graduates;
The Workforce Development Coordinator will provide support to Associate Provost for Continuing Education and Professional Studies and be responsible for a wide range of workforce service activities and day to day delivery of direct services, develop relationships with local businesses and organizations, recruit for open positions and market the program.
- Assume the lead role in program participant recruiting efforts o by preparing/distributing program notification fliers of application sessions o by communicating with sources for participant referral to alert them to the upcoming application sessions
- Promote the program at specific workforce development events within the local community
- Prepare/deliver program familiarization presentations to applicable private, public, and faith-based individuals, organizations, and agencies within the local community
- Ensure assigned program activities and grant requirements are implemented successfully.
- Identify, develop, and maintain workforce development partnerships and network with other program coordinators.
- Develop effective working relationships with employers and maintain regular contact in order to monitor employment satisfaction;
- Assess the staffing needs of businesses and track employment placement and retention outcomes for program participants;
- Screen job seeker resumes, facilitate interviews, provide quality referrals to employers for employment and maintain an updated internal candidate pool;
- Assist in developing program marketing materials including brochures and other methods to advertise program services;
- Market all programs to businesses and community-based organizations;
- Prepare materials for and support completion of monthly reports and budgets as requested;
- Gather, analyze and process program data;
- Create, maintain, and/or supervise an effective filing system to support programs and clients relations;
- Organize, plan, and execute workforce development events as necessary for various assigned projects;
- Participate in professional development through appropriate conferences, workshops, seminars, or webinars;
- Provide input to Director and make recommendations for improvements to programs and the department;
- The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that logically relate to the position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, organize, problem
solve and exercise good judgment
with minimal supervision.
- Skilled coordinating a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and creativity.
- Demonstrated success in managing projects and programs that support client business objectives from concept through execution.
- Strong ability to analyze client needs and write grants related to training initiatives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Effective analytical and decision-making skills . Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and time management skills . Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse constituents .
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, initiative, resourcefulness, and personal accountability.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average-weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Note: In compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA), those functions of the job which are identified essential are required to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations. Requests to facilitate the performance of essential functions will be given careful consideration.
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or related field or five (5 )years of experience or equivalent training in project management; business and industry experience preferred.
- Previous experience, training or knowledge about workforce development, candidate screening and project management.
- Master's degree and higher education experience preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google applications.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, as well as knowledge and understanding of the organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check and drug testing.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if applicable.
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a list of three professional references (at least one from a previous employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Miami Gardens