Williams College Children’s Center is pleased to announce two
openings for on-call substitutes to work in classrooms serving
infants through school-age children. The Williams College
Children’s Center is a warm and inviting program with
state-of-the-art facilities developed expressly for early childhood
Variable schedule, Monday - Friday; highest need 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
and/or 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm with the possibility of longer hours
and/or full day based on department needs.
Review of resumes will begin immediately, and continue until the
position is filled.
- Your day could include singing song, reading books and playing
games with children;
- Helping with care needs such as making lunches and changing
- Walks and outdoor play and exploration; and
- Helping children problem solve together.
- Teachers observe children, learn what they are interested in,
and offer opportunities to deepen and explore those interests.
- Experience in an early care setting is highly preferred
- Professional Child Care Qualifications established by the
Department of Early Education and Care (preferred)
- Dedication to providing quality, responsive and individualized
- The ideal candidates will have a thorough knowledge of early
education and care principles and a solid background in
developmentally appropriate practice.
- Candidates with a willingness to learn early education, care
principles, and developmentally appropriate practice are encouraged
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of
background information submitted by the applicant, including the
completion of a criminal record check, and education when
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination,
Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive
community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and