Williams College is seeking an on-call Preparator for the Williams College Museum of Art to assist in museum preparatory duties. The Preparator will become familiar with and adhere to professional standards of collection management in the handling of artwork both in the galleries and in storage.
Resumes will be reviewed on an on-going basis.
- Installation and de-installation of exhibitions
- Preparation of artwork for exhibition and/or shipment/storage
- Installation of technology such as media players and monitors
- Safe and efficient crating, packing and transportation of artwork
- Efficiently and neatly painting gallery walls
- Maintenance of workspaces, tools and environment
- Knowledge of art and art history
- Minimum of three years of experience working with art objects, framing and matting
- Familiarity with presentation technology such as media players and digital programming display Proficiency in carpentry, interior painting, drywall installation and taping
- Preference will be given to candidates with a BA in Art, Art History or BFA and art handling experience in a museum or gallery setting
- Must be able to work as part of a team and have good communication skills
- A valid driver’s license would be beneficial
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.