Medical Assistant (Per Diem)
We are seeking a per diem Medical Assistant for the Student Health Services department. Within the framework of the organization’s philosophy and objectives, and under the direction of the Director of Medical Services, the Medical Assistant assists the nursing team in performing routine nursing duties associated with caring for the ambulatory patient.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled. Band 18.
- Screen and prepare patient for medical providers
- Perform vital signs, electrocardiograms, visual testing and peak flow meter, and documentation of patient complaints
- Assist medical providers during patient examinations and treatment
- Schedule appointments and perform clerical duties associated with medical encounters
- Participate in tracking outside referrals
- Administer injections and vaccinations and draw blood as requested by medical providers
- Assist with maintenance of equipment, supplies and treatment rooms
- Review treatment instructions, directions for outside referrals and follow-up care as per medical providers
- Ability to work weekend/evening shift
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant Training program
- Experience in a fast paced ambulatory practice environment preferred
- Experience working with an electronic health record preferred
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and hand-eye coordination
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to fifty (50) pounds
- Requires corrected vision, hearing, and speech within normal ranges
- Requires working under stressful conditions and sometimes irregular hours
- Exposure to some communicable diseases, body fluids, and toxic substances may occur
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Williamstown
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Williamstown
- Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Williamstown
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Williamstown
- Pediatrics Not specified Part Time jobs in Williamstown