Williams is currently seeking to fill a Utility Worker position, 30 hours per week, 10 months per year, reporting to the Paresky Operations Manager. The initial schedule will be Sunday & Monday 5:15 pm – 1:45 am, Friday & Saturday 6:15 pm – 1:45 am with Tuesday – Thursday off, however, days off may vary depending on the need of the unit. Schedules are subject to change based on the needs of the department. Overtime may be required.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups or who have experience working with a broadly diverse population to apply.
Review of applicants will begin on November 2 and will continue until the position is filled.
- ¿Food preparation including washing, peeling, and cutting various foods to prepare for cooking and serving
- Package take-out foods and/or serve food to customers
- Restocking all service ware during dining meal periods and sanitizing kitchen and dining room areas
- Custodial duties, and small event set-ups for meeting and breaks
- Assists in receiving, organizing, and stocking all incoming goods.
- Operate, maintain, and sanitize the dish machine
- Clean and sanitize dishware, utensils and cooking equipment
- Dispose of food waste, recyclable materials, and sanitize all receptacles
- Assist in maintaining safe and sanitary food production areas
- Sanitize kitchen areas, serving lines, dish storage areas and mop rooms, as well as maintaining clean and orderly recycling areas
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ¿¿¿¿¿Must be able to work independently, stand for prolonged periods of time, and handle heavy material involving lifting and bending and complete duties as assigned
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs.
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic and possess strong customer service skills
- Knowledge and ability to serve guests with the highest level of professional service is required
- Ability to relate to customers and staff in a professional manner is essential
- Prior food service experience is preferred
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Williamstown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Williamstown
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Part Time jobs in Williamstown
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Williamstown
- Food Services Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Williamstown