Job Code/Title 82751 - H - Labs/Research Assistant 1 Position Number HU0933 Working Title Assessment Staff Department Psychology Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $15 to $17 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 6 to 15 Normal work days Varied: M-F & weekend hours Normal work hours Varied: day, evening & weekend Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The Clark-Hill Institute for Positive Youth Development in the Department of Psychology is seeking to hire several research assistants for a community-based project aiming to promote healthy communities for youth. The research assistants will work in selected Richmond City communities, and/or remotely, by conducting recruitment and/or data collection activities involving sensitive, conﬁdential participant information.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Travels to participants’ homes and/or other locations in the participating neighborhoods to identify and recruit potential eligible participants.
• Introduces the study to parents/caregivers of eligible school-aged youth, and young adults.
• Conducts informed consent/assent process and administers surveys to participants online, by phone and/or in their homes and/or other community locations.
• Maintains appropriate documentation and follows established study protocol and human subjects protection standards and guidelines as set forth by the funding agency and VCU IRB .
• Participates in staff meetings and trainings
• This is an hourly position with varied weekday, evening, and weekend hours averaging from 6-15 hours per week.
• The ideal candidates would have some research and community work experience and be comfortable working with underserved populations.
• Have a strong passion and commitment to improving the quality of life for youth and families living in the Richmond community.
• Possess good interpersonal skills – in-person, by phone, and in writing.
• Comfortable communicating with residents by phone, email, and/or text and in their homes and communities.
• Flexibility to work some evening and weekend hours, and some holidays.
• Ability to adapt and adjust to changing work plans and environments.
• Comfortable using basic computer, mobile, and virtual technology.
• Familiarity with G-Suite, especially Google drive, docs, sheets, and forms.
• Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to complete work accurately and independently.
Preferred Qualifications Job Open Date 01/15/2021 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/102867 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this job?
(Open Ended Question)
- What experience (paid, volunteer and/or academic) do you have
working on social research projects?
(Open Ended Question)
- What is your experience working or volunteering in communities
around the Richmond region serving residents?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Psychology Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond