Coordinator, Community Education & Outreach - (STA006836)
Serves as coordinator and trainer for community education and outreach for a college, program, or center.
- Helps develop and implement strategies to identify partners and resources, which may include public and private schools, child care providers, associations dealing with education, staff, volunteers, training sites and funding.
- Develops and monitors computer data-base systems for classes and workshops, participant follow-up, networking, funding, recruiting volunteers, program related materials, and other information needed to serve the educational community.
- May plan and conduct training workshops for child care providers, parents, and teachers.
- Helps develop policies and procedures for recruitment, training and follow-up.
- Develops community awareness and represents the department in various functions.
- Assists with setting and meeting budgeting goals, developing materials for use in recruiting, training and follow-up.
- Coordinates and participates in events and promotes events and programs through social media and other promotional materials.
- Prepares analyses and reports for management use.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
This position will be housed in the Community Engagement Core that is executed by the NIH/NIMHD funded Research Centers in Minority Institutions (RCMI) U54: HEALTH Center for Addictions Research and Cancer Prevention. The RCMI is advancing strategies for addressing health disparities in undeserved communities by going from bench science to translational research to dissemination and implementation.
Looking for an employee with experience building collaborations with community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, service providers, and other stakeholders that can advance strategies for addressing community-identified health challenges. A strong candidate would work well with a diverse team in the execution of tasks as part of a national center in addictions and cancer prevention. Necessary qualifications for success in this position are the capacity to build and sustain new partnerships, meticulous attention to detail in written work, the ability to multi-task between assignments (i.e. organizational skills), and excellent communication skills (e.g., ensuring the team is informed of progress on assigned tasks).
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Please note this position is a grant funded position and duration of position will only last as long as the grant is available to the University.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston