Associate Vice Chancellor of Instruction
Job Posting Title Associate Vice Chancellor of Instruction Location Los Rios Community College District (District Office) Department Location Workforce and Economic Development - Ethan Way Posting Number AE00403P The Institution
The Los Rios Community College District is the second largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The District’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the District offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios District Office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work.
The District has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and District Office complex. The District Office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
Under the general direction of the Vice Chancellor of Education and Technology, the Associate Vice Chancellor of Instruction will be responsible for the administration and leadership of the District’s Workforce and Economic Development Center and District-wide support of college instructional programs and services, ensuring adherence to Federal and State regulations and guidelines and District Board policies and regulations. This position works collaboratively with college administrators, faculty, and staff leaders to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
LEADERSHIP / COORDINATION
● Providing administrative oversight of the District’s Workforce and Economic Development Center, including supervision of the Dean of Workforce and Economic Development.
● Leading District-wide initiatives in instructional areas related to assessment, basic skills, transfer, and online education.
● Understanding and providing leadership in community college curriculum processes.
● Planning, organizing, and supervising the work of staff.
● Understanding and providing leadership in related educational management information systems.
● Advocating for contract education and educational services to businesses, industry and governmental agencies and college Career and Technical Education ( CTE ) programs.
● Committing to participatory governance, consensus building, and a team approach to management.
COLLABORATION / TEAM BUILDING
● Providing administrative support to the Academic Senate’s District Curriculum Coordinating Committee.
● Providing administrative oversight of the District’s Program Placement Council.
● Promoting coordination between the center and college instructional areas.
● Facilitating District-wide grant development and implementation related to CTE and instructional areas in collaboration with the colleges and District Grants Office.
● Providing District oversight of the Study Abroad Program and serving as administration co-chair of the International Education Committee.
● Working effectively with faculty, staff, and administrators in the management and coordination of curriculum and program development.
● Supporting the District’s Career and Technical Education Leaders work group and participating on community college regional career and technology education ( CTE ) consortia and work groups.
● Representing the District on various college, community, regional, and State committees, and at various meetings and conferences related to instruction.
● Coordinating District-wide library support initiatives.
● Working with the Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Services to develop and maintain activities that promote coordination between instruction and student services areas.
● Working with the District Information Technology department to provide instructional expertise in the development, implementation, and updating of the District’s automated systems for curriculum and library services.
PROJECT DOCUMENTATION / DELIVERABLES
● Supporting, monitoring, and promoting college development and implementation of Associate Degrees for Transfer (SB 1440) and Guided Pathways to increase student success and completion.
● Coordinating District Office review of grants, contracts, applications, and proposals for CTE and instructional programs.
● Monitoring federal and state regulations pertaining to instruction and workforce and economic development, and providing input and recommendations regarding instruction related to District Board policies and regulations.
● Evaluating staff as required in District policies and regulations.
● Developing and recommending budgets for areas of responsibility.
● Preparing various reports as required.
TRAINING / STAFF DEVELOPMENT
● Providing District support to the colleges’ K-12 to community college initiatives and pathways, including pathways from adult education to community colleges.
● Performing other duties as assigned.
The administrative assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus work and/or hours.
Work Year 12 month Work Schedule Total Hrs per Week/Day N/A Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Have a master’s degree* All degrees must be from an accredited institution completed by July 1, 2021.
2. Have two years of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
3. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
● Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty discipline at the college.
● To review the minimum qualifications for faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators’ in California Community Colleges which can be found on our website under CCCCO Handbook .
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Administrative Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (indicating completed or conferral date)
3. Resume or curriculum vitae
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary $178,234 to $192,927 annually LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university.
Posting Date 01/15/2021 Closing Date 02/17/2021 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-time, Educational Administrative Position
Beginning on or about July 1, 2021.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for an interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Administrative positions may be subject to the District’s Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/14939 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and
agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I
certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and
complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize
investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881
(if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all
persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand
that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on
this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or
attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If
you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor
traffic violation you are required to complete the form 'Arrests
Which Led to Convictions for Crime', P-881 (you must disclose
convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section
1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). Please copy and paste the provided URL for
the form -
https://losrios.edu/docs/lrccd/employees/hr/forms/p-881.pdf - and
attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Please indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for
this position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for this discipline as listed on the job announcement. (Attach unofficial transcripts from an accredited college/university and/or evidence of job experience.)
- I possess a valid California Community College Credential for this discipline. (Attach a copy of appropriate credential with application.)
- I possess qualifications equivalent to those listed and have attached evidence. (To review Equivalency Process.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Attach the Equivalency Determination Form P-38 and transcripts.)
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Employee Request for Transfer Form
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento