Open Rank (Assistant - Associate) in Diplomatic Studies and International Cooperation
Teaching courses related to public diplomacy and international cooperation field; in addition to observing and assessing students’ progress and assignments according to the DI educational policies.
The Doha Institute for Graduate Studies (DI) seeks applications for faculty (open rank) for its Executive Master in Diplomatic Studies and International Cooperation (EMDSIC). We seek specialists in International Relations, diplomacy, and related fields. The accepted candidate will be appointed in the Public Policy Program in the School and will oversee the EMDSIC.
Founded in Doha, Qatar the DI is an independent institute for public interest that responds to the needs of the Arab region by integrating graduate teaching and learning with scientific research in the fields of Public Administration, Public Policy, Development Economics, and Social Sciences and Humanities. The DI is licensed as a national institution of higher education by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education in Qatar.
Part of the School of Public Administration and Development Economics (SPADE), and in coordination with The Diplomatic Institute in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, State of Qatar, the Executive Master of Public Diplomacy and International Cooperation prepares and qualifies students who work in the diplomatic fields in the Ministry, official representations in regional and international organizations, official envoys and workers in international mediation to deal with the world of international and diplomatic relations with its political and cultural ramifications. Moreover, it introduces the students to legal instruments, and enables them to fully comprehend diplomatic work tools as a written (international law, treaties) and non-written (international norms) forms, in the service of the national interest of the State of Qatar in its bilateral and multilateral relations.
- The successful applicants should be able to teach in at least two substantive areas in public diplomacy and international cooperation, and related fields. Therefore, we encourage all applicants to specify the subjects of the courses they have taught/or have an interest in teaching.
- Applicants should also serve in intra and interdisciplinary teaching, research, and related activities, such as academic mentorship, and supervision of students' capstone projects.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
We seek candidates who will make significant contributions in one or more of the following areas of teaching and research:
- foreign policy and Diplomacy.
- International Law.
- International Organizations
Applicants must show evidence of excellence in teaching and
research in line with the Doha Institutes' priorities of delivering
internationally recognized graduate degree programs and securing
Applicants for all positions must have earned a Ph.D. in International Relations or related fields from internationally recognized academic institutions. The area of interest includes a; foreign policy, and Diplomacy, international law; mediation and negotiations; and international organizations. Applicants must have published scholarly work in peer reviewed journals and a record of teaching excellence. The evidence for teaching excellence includes (but is not limited to) course syllabi, teaching evaluations, examples of innovative classroom pedagogy, teaching related nominations and awards. The successful candidate will teach graduate level courses in both Arabic and English and supervise graduate students in all aspects related to fulfilling their graduation requirements.
Applications should include:
- A letter of application (motivation); explaining the motivations and qualifications and spots of interest.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- Educational evaluation material related to students evaluation and curriculum and syllabus design.
- Selected research samples published in peer-reviewed journals.
- A teaching philosophy statement.
- Evidence of teaching excellence (if applicable).
- Three names and contact information (email and phone number) of senior faculty who can provide letters of reference.
To apply, send your documents to:
- The committee starts reviewing applications on February 1st, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
Apply for Open Rank (Assistant - Associate) in Diplomatic Studies and International Cooperation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Public Administration & Policy Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Political Science & International Relations Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Qatar