Facilities Maintenance Assistant
Facilities Maintenance Assistant
Job No: 496649
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
The Facilities Maintenance Assistant is responsible for providing a wide variety of support to support to the Trades Technician, Groundskeeper, and custodial staff.
Some of the things this position will be responsible for includes minor maintenance on buildings; mowing, lawn and shrubbery installation and maintenance; construction support; set-ups/tear-downs for campus events;, The right candidate will be required to operate small utility vehicles and equipment for snow removal, leaf collection, moving of materials, furniture, and supplies. Additionally, this position will provide custodial support, including cleaning tasks and trash removal and other tasks relating to the operation of the Bucknell Campus.
If you're someone who likes to be busy with a varied skill set, the Facilities Maintenance Assistant might interest you!
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position.
Job duties include:
● Performs work as required in support of University and student-related programs and supporting other special events including, but not limited to, coordinating campus moves, erecting and dismantling platforms, tables, chairs, and other special event activities.
● Performs minor maintenance tasks in basic plumbing, carpentry, and painting to assist in completing work orders and work requests.
● Performs groundskeeping and custodian work on campus grounds.
● Ensures work is performed in a safe and appropriate manner. Immediately reports accidents, injuries, security violations, stolen or missing items, and safety hazards and conditions to a supervisor. Checks fire extinguishers, fire alarms and emergency lights as required.
● Responsible for the proper safekeeping of master keys. Opens and locks doors as needed.
● Operates and maintains a variety of hand and motor driven tools and equipment to perform building maintenance. Uses shop equipment, bench stocks, materials and supplies. Operates and maintains various types of grass cutting, and groundskeeping and custodial equipment.
● Stores, mixes, transports, applies, uses, and disposes of various materials in accordance with Safety Data Sheets (SDS), the Hazard Communication program and manufacturer instructions.
● Works as a team member with others in providing general labor services throughout the campus as needed
● Adheres to OSHA standards, employs safe practices, and follows safety policies/procedures. Uses PPE in a safe manner, sets examples for others, notifies supervisor of potential hazards, and demonstrates good housekeeping habits.
● Supports and promotes the University's sustainability efforts.
● A minimum of one year of experience that includes physical labor and/or maintenance work.
● Demonstrated ability to learn and use small tools and equipment.
● A valid driver's license and a safe driving record for the past three years.
● Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written instructions.
● Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
● Must communicate and work effectively with coworkers, students and other staff members.
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
● A high school diploma or equivalent
● The ability to work weekend, evenings and overtime as needed
● Bending, kneeling, stooping, pushes, pulling, reaching above and below shoulders, lifting.
● Must use proper safety equipment for hearing, head, eye, feet, hand and body protection as required.
● Move, lift and carry up to 75 pounds unassisted.
● Daily exposure to dust, dirt, cleaning detergents and chemicals, odors, body fluids and waste, weather and temperature changes.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496649/facilities-maintenance-assistant