FAMILY SERVICES COORDINATOR
FAMILY SERVICES COORDINATOR
Posting Number: SRGV4803
Number of Vacancies: 3
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: College of Education and P-16 Integration / Human Development and School Services
Scope of Job:
Responsible for providing comprehensive services to families through Family Partnership Agreements (family outcome goals).
Description of Duties:
• Coordinates family services activities; contacts and makes referrals to community resources; keeps records, writes reports, and maintains confidentiality of records; supports families with service transitions.
• Organizes, facilitates and conducts meetings and training sessions for parents and documents case reports.
• Collaborates with other staff, as appropriate, to develop individualized Family Partnership Agreements, which describe family’s goals, strengths, responsibilities and strategies for achieving goals.
• Maintains organized records of activities related to the Family Engagement.
• Conducts at least two home visits for each eligible family during the year of service.
• Coordinates efforts to encourage community members and parents to serve as volunteers.
• Advocates for Early Head Start families and promotes their ability to advocate for themselves following ERSEA process.
• Performs ongoing family recruitment and family-file documentation, takes in family applications.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Master’s degree from an accredited university in Education, Early Childhood Education, Psychology, Social Work or related field.
• Two (2) years of experience in a related field, including providing services to families in need, developing family goals to develop plans of services, conducting home visits and assessing the family’s progress, experience working in the early childhood field/classroom experience and/or child care management, or
• Four (4) years of the required experience with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Education, Early Childhood Education, Psychology, Social Work or related field.
Bilingual (English - Spanish)
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to communicate effectively with students and families.
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 12/11/2020
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 08/31/2021
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27099