Assistant/Associate Professor in Visual Disabilities (9 Month)
The Visual Disabilities Program in the School of Teacher Education at Florida State University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the assistant or associate professor rank in Visual Disabilities Education. We seek a colleague to support the Visual Disabilities Program in its commitment to preparing high quality professionals to provide services to individuals with visual impairments as teachers of students with visual impairments and orientation and mobility specialists.
The successful candidate will be expected to participate in ongoing research focusing on the preparation of teachers of students with visual impairments or the individuals they serve, initiate new research projects, and apply for external funding to support new projects. Candidates must have a commitment to teacher education, excellence in teaching, potential for excellence in scholarly activity, and strong support for high quality services to students with visual impairments.
The College of Education, the School of Teacher Education, and the Visual Disabilities program strive to develop a deep understanding of, and respect for, diversity among students and colleagues. Our goal is to prepare teaching professionals who not only transform the lives of their students, but also seek to improve their schools, communities, academic disciplines, and professions. For information about the College of Education, visit: education.fsu.edu. For more information about the program, visit education.fsu.edu/visual-disabilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
Engaging in a well-defined scholarship agenda; Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Visual Disabilities; Advising students; Working with faculty and staff to market and maintain the program; Serving on student graduate committees; Supervising field experiences (i.e., practicum and internship); Providing service to schools, the University, Department, College, and the profession;
Supporting and expanding existing partnerships/relationships with regional providers of services to individuals with visual impairments and national colleagues; and Preparing grant proposals to potential funding agencies.
- Earned doctorate in visual disabilities, special education, or a related field
- Certification as a teacher of students with visual impairments
- At least 3 years of successful Pk-12 work as a teacher of students with visual impairments (TVI)
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Evidence of or potential for high-quality scholarship (e.g., recent publications in peer reviewed journals, recent presentations at national or international conferences, etc.)
- Commitment to and experience working with diverse student populations
- Experience mentoring pre-service and in-service teachers
- Expertise in orientation and mobility or working with children whose multiple disabilities include visual impairment
- Recent successful work on an externally funded grant
- Experience teaching methods courses in the area of visual disabilities
Dr. Veronica Fleury
This is a Faculty position.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested, apply to job opening 48358 at Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until filled.
Applicants are required to complete FSU’s online application, providing all educational details and a curriculum vitae. Applications should also include work history and all education details (if applicable), even if attaching résumé. Applicants should also include a letter of application, names of three references with contact information, and a statement of research and teaching interests.
Transcripts, work samples (such as publications or manuscripts under review), and three written letters of recommendation will be required of candidates selected for a campus interview.
Open until filled
This position is being advertised as open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Tallahassee
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Tallahassee
- Other Education Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Tallahassee
- Special Education Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Tallahassee